What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
dmb1

SAPP forum gone?

13 posts in this topic

I cant access sapp forum, has it gone or can anyone else open it up on there browser, I just get "This page can't be displayed"

Tiddy-bits:

The DNS servers for the domain are down - it's sehe's provider, not the website itself, so I don't think it's permanently gone.

Yet.

msalerno1965 in steam

[email protected] - email

Actually, I take that back - he seems to run his own DNS server on the same server as the website, and it's down.

Maybe he didn't pay his bill :)

Sehe, if you're reading this, and you need to "move on" I would be happy to preserve your website on my own hosting account at Godaddy. There's too much great information there for it to be lost forever.

I'd even give you FTP access to it.

Everyone else reading this, spread the word to sehe.

Edited by msalerno

msalerno1965 in steam

On 5/13/2017 at 9:38 AM, sehe said:

Thanks, I have a new server but I don't have time anymore to maintain Sapp or the site/forum. I released a final(?) 10.1 update though.

You can find everything and more info that was ever on the site in the following pdf (thx to 002): https://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/3806-comprehensive-sapp-documentation-rev-23-sapp-101/

Your forum is entirely gone? Lots of great info there. Please let me or someone else put up the contents. I can grab a pile of it from archive.org, but it would be great to have a backup of the forum itself. Even if it's just static content.

msalerno1965 in steam

10 minutes ago, msalerno said:

Lots of great info there. I can grab a pile of it from archive.org, but it would be great to have a backup of the forum itself. Even if it's just static content.

What in particular?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

3 hours ago, Tucker933 said:

What in particular?

I'd say archived builds of sapp as well as scripts that didn't get posted here.

Frankly a good archive of any possible SAPP scripts might be good. Also Sehe any chance of putting back in the ability to control client lead server side so scripts like stable lead can be used again?

Well if that's about all of it, then this would be the place to have such content, as we've already been the main resource for scripts and documentation.

We don't have any rules about rehosting scripts, as long as credit to the original author is given.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.