Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

IkaBula

Which Living Figure, Will Be A Historical Figure In 1000 Years?

15 posts in this topic

No lie. I really have no answer to this, as I just don't see anyone doing good/bad enough things to stay so relevant for so long...

The obvious answers are Trump and Assad, but I really don't feel that they will so much be remembered...

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Just now, IkaBula said:

True.

Okay. Assuming there is...?

I would have to put it more in categories rather than "most influential/most recognizable."

-Technology: Steve Jobs (Most recognizable) or Bill Gates

-Science: Neil Degrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk

-Engineering: Elon Musk

-Acting/Voiceover: Morgan Freeman

-Music: This is very subjective and I don't think anyone really stands out as a breakthrough in this field. 

These are just off the top of my head, since our society is more focused on technology/engineering achievements.

I'd say it's harder to idolize/repent figures in the present. Previously, people's access to hearing about other people's achievements were limited to what was reported in newspapers and books. Today, I can't even really keep up with a lot of the things going on, and people just seem like people at this point. I think as a society we've really moved past idolizing people and started idolizing things. 

Grumpy UNIX and Cloud Administrator | 90's Boomer