What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
IkaBula

Fears!

21 posts in this topic

Okay guys, fess up. What ridiculous stuff are you all scared of?

For me there's three things.

1. Snakes.

2. Heights.

3. Open Water (where land is not swimming distance.)

Takka likes this

Tiddy-bits:

I really have no idea... I guess a fear of being stuck somewhere for the rest of my life.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

As someone with disabilities, I'd probably say my main fear would be losing my support network.

Followed by:

• Spider invasion
  • Open bodies of water
  • Getting therapy 

Loneliness - When it's night time and everyone's asleep, I start to feel a bit paranoid.

Loss of consciousness, control, or awareness - It started when I was in high school. I was in pain and, according to the doctors, had some inflammation in my lower abdomen. I ended up falling backwards in my chair, though honestly, I don't remember falling - just after I fell and was on the floor. I probably hit the back of my head on the dining room table on the way down, though I don't know. Regardless, I went to the emergency room.

Since then, I get stressed out with certain things related to this. For one, the idea of getting drunk scares the hell out of me. That and a very horrifying experience I was forced to witness as well as a crappy family history are reasons why I don't drink. Also, before I got my wisdom teeth removed, the idea of taking anesthesia made me a bit nervous, not the operation itself. What's worse is that I woke up mid way through, anyway. They immediately gave me some novocaine for the pain and N₂O for I don't know why, it didn't do anything for me. I was fully conscious for the rest of the procedure. And no, I wasn't paralyzed or anything, and I did not feel loopy in any way.

Kill_joy03 likes this

1 minute ago, 002 said:

gave me some novocaine for the pain

They still use novacaine? I thought that was old school, replaced by lidocaine.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

4 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

They still use novacaine? I thought that was old school, replaced by lidocaine.

Last time I got a filling, which was a few years ago, I thought they said they used it. It's entirely possible that it was lidocaine and they just call it novocaine out of a habit. Regardless, it numbs half my face off.

Takka likes this