What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kill_joy03

Company of Heroes

Now I know I'm a wee bit late to review this game (coming up on 11 years now) but I believe it's worth it. Company of heroes is a RTS (real time strategy) game based in world war II around the western front, with multiple different campaigns for both the German and the American factions, with the Panzer Elite and British factions added in DLC with their own campaigns. The game's mechanics are extremely good and a lot easier to learn and understand than its sequel, which is definitely a plus in my opinion. All in all this would be a nice game to pick up if you have spare time, and are looking for something new to just fiddle around with due to its more casual nature.

Good Points

1. Easy to pick up and play

2. Is quite cheap and easy to get your hands on

3. Very good single player campaigns

Bad Points

1. Still has multiplayer with next to 0 player base

2. Won't enjoy it as much if you prefer more complex games

3. Matches are slow to start off

In all honestly I still love this game, it's one of the two games I can thank for getting me into gaming and I'd have to give it a rating of 9/10, as it has aged very well.

This one's for everyone that's ever lost anyone does real closure even exist?
Tryna find a bit of peace
Can't help but feel like everything is said and done we're still left stricken with grief

Tiddy-bits:

The only thing I did not like about the game was how easy the Axis was to play. I felt as the Allied factions, you had to work a lot harder to gain any significant ground or capture territories. For example, the Wehrmacht's Defensive Doctrine is extremely easy to play. Set up a couple Flak 88's to cover half of the map and load your defenses up with pillboxes, tank-traps and use Nebelwerfers as your primary attack force on enemy structures. 

Kill_joy03 likes this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

16 hours ago, Solaris said:

The only thing I did not like about the game was how easy the Axis was to play. I felt as the Allied factions, you had to work a lot harder to gain any significant ground or capture territories. For example, the Wehrmacht's Defensive Doctrine is extremely easy to play. Set up a couple Flak 88's to cover half of the map and load your defenses up with pillboxes, tank-traps and use Nebelwerfers as your primary attack force on enemy structures. 

Oh man, this is so true!

Have you ever played with the Blitzkrieg mod?

Kill_joy03 likes this