Takka

"Boomer" Explosion Effect

I made this at @DeadHamster's request a few years ago, to just be a huge explosion. That's mostly what this is, but it also incorporated a couple interesting corkscrew visuals for shrapnel, which @002 helped figure out based on projectile experiments @Sudo did a decade ago (but never released).

2.gif

The download is a Gephyrophobia map, which features the effect repeating in the center of the map, as shown. If you actually want to use it, you'll probably want to change the dynamic light's duration as well as improve the lens flare, but I imagine if anything this will just be used to check out the corkscrewing projectiles. A CE version can easily be made using Combustion.

Download

The effect tag you'll be looking for is called "effects\boomer".

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Looks like someone fucked up the formula for a giant firework and made more boom than sparkle.

Takka likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Get some self control, Tucker. You'll go blind from all that 'exploding' you're doing.

Takka and Sceny like this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz