Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Down Under

Stacked Bipeds?

Curious how to "fix" the issue of having bipeds stack on top of each other when placed online in a server? Not sure if this is connected to why AI don't sync well online?

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

How in particular are they being placed?

16 minutes ago, Down Under said:

Not sure if this is connected to why AI don't sync well online?

AI don't sync online at all, without quite a bit of experimental scripting.

The only thing I can think of is if you spawn a biped where a biped is already present, such as if you're spawning a biped using an item collection tag. This will definitely stack bipeds on top of each other. To fix this, remove the biped from that location before spawning it.

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2

competent.png

I assume you have the map scenario spawning the bipeds (rather than through SAPP). Unlike vehicles, bipeds placed in the scenario aren't just created by the server. The client creates them as well, and this causes duplicates. I suppose you could have a map script that checks if you are a client and uses (object_destroy <object>).

Edited by giraffe

dynamic.png

I remember having an issue similar to this, but it was when spawning AI's.

I misread one of the modifiers in the editing window as number of total AI's allowed on map, versus how many spawn at once.

I wanted 5 AI's total, and to spawn at different intervals, but I set it to spawn all 5 at once.

So I had to go back and double check my spawn settings because I had misread something.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet