Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Kill_joy03

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

I stumbled across Wildlands early in January and hadn't seen much gameplay, but what I had seen looked good enough to preorder it. Since its release I've played it quite a bit, and there isn't much to pick on it for (except its name Far Cry 5 would be more suited). So far in the 80 hours I've played I've come across only 1-3 major bugs which considering Ubisoft's reputation isn't the best right now, but is quite good. I've never played any Ghost Recon games until this one, so I'm unable to compare it to other Ghost Recon games, but what I can compare it to would be a mix between Far Cry 3 and 4, Just Cause 3 and The Division. I can quite comfortably recommend this game to any people that enjoyed any of the previously stated games. The highlights from Wildlands for me were the large map, and while the story wasn't anything extremely special, it was a nice change from other games. The weapon customization was one of the best I've seen in a game of this style for a long time. Graphics was beyond anything I expected for the framerate I get ingame.

Now on to the part I really didn't want to do but its only fair the bad parts... first was the driving was more like an arcade game rather than a AAA title. Second the map was very large, but there was a lot of open ground with nothing there, and finally the enemy AI was pretty stupid when it came to spotting friendly AI.

Good Points

1. Large map had plenty of room to explore and in the high population areas was very detailed

2. The story wasn't any story driven game but was a nice change

3. Weapon customization was extensive and easy to manage

4. Graphics were above expectations

Bad Points

1. Driving was more like an arcade game

2. Large map had too much open space

3. Enemy AI was pretty stupid when it came to spotting friendly AI

4. Voice chat was an issue, causing the game to crash a couple times

An overall rating for Wildlands out of 10 would be an 8/10 

2vcyn85.jpg

Tucker933 and Kavawuvi like this

This one's for everyone that's ever lost anyone does real closure even exist?
Tryna find a bit of peace
Can't help but feel like everything is said and done we're still left stricken with grief

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I had seen a little bit of it, but I've been switching play styles all through the game, so it wasn't too repetitive in my case.

Can't help but feel like everything is said and done we're still left stricken with grief

20 hours ago, Wojtek said:

Tom Clancy's The Division. Now with vehicles. 

OMG I've never looked at it this way, it's so true you've opened my eyes thank you so much

19 minutes ago, Kill_joy03 said:

OMG I've never looked at it this way, it's so true you've opened my eyes thank you so much

Go forth and share your new found knowledge, my son. 

Kill_joy03 and Daywu like this