EBX: 0x05E80001
ECX: 0x00000000
EDX: 0x00000000
EDI: 0x0018A320
ESI: 0x00000000
EBP: 0x0018A1F8
ESP: 0x0018A1E8
EIP: 0x77930C52, 83 C4 04 C2 ?????
EXCEPTION halt in \halopc\haloce\source\cache\cache_file_builder.c,#109: !((unsi
gned long)scratch&31)

Still getting this. Funny thing is I had this same error years ago but figured it out. Kinda wish I wrote down how I fixed it

Tiddy-bits:

Is there anything else output above it? Those are just stop codes, probably won't help much, and the EXCEPTION halt message isn't very helpful either (thanks tool lol)

KsqHutE.png

16 minutes ago, NeX said:

Is there anything else output above it? Those are just stop codes, probably won't help much, and the EXCEPTION halt message isn't very helpful either (thanks tool lol)

Nope the only error I get is the one at the very bottom where the EXCEPTION bit is. I had this exact same error ages ago and never posted how it was fixed leaving me in a pickle.

Mmmm. Is it any map? It sounds like something is corrupted in there, but obviously process of elimination is about the only way to find out what :/

Maybe try adding your assets to tutorial.map or something like that until it breaks again...

It's been a long time since I've messed with CE, was just hoping it was something I'd seen before.

Takka likes this

KsqHutE.png

9 hours ago, NeX said:

Mmmm. Is it any map? It sounds like something is corrupted in there, but obviously process of elimination is about the only way to find out what :/

Maybe try adding your assets to tutorial.map or something like that until it breaks again...

It's been a long time since I've messed with CE, was just hoping it was something I'd seen before.

I tried to compile a renamed bloodgulch scenario but it didn't work. nothing but stock assets

Makes me wonder if you've accidentally overwritten some of the stock assets that come with the HEK. I remember vaguely some mention of those tags not being able to be extracted properly by HEK+, and it corrupting them if you tried.

Maybe try reinstalling your HEK, which should restore all of those and trying the stock BG again

KsqHutE.png

On 3/28/2017 at 1:08 PM, NeX said:

Makes me wonder if you've accidentally overwritten some of the stock assets that come with the HEK. I remember vaguely some mention of those tags not being able to be extracted properly by HEK+, and it corrupting them if you tried.

Maybe try reinstalling your HEK, which should restore all of those and trying the stock BG again

Never overwrote anything. maybe I ought to check off "recursive" and just straight rip. Some of my memories on this issue are coming back and I believe at the time I got help from Kornman00 who told me it was an issue with the scoprion tags that come with HEK.

I'll give this one more try on a clean install.

NeX likes this