What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Solaris

Epitome/Revelations Thread

We all have those moments where you're just awed by something you just figured out. I often do that, but I never really have a place to vent it. I figured I would make a thread for it, others can share their own.

For example:

I didn't realize how prevalent the .NET framework was in Windows and how nearly its entire suite of non-mobile applications is composed of solely .NET applications, PowerShell included. I can see why it's in demand for back-end development for SysAdmins/DevOps. There's not many dependencies needed that Microsoft doesn't already provide, you would just need to build your own .NET functions if it's not already included, and with Visual Studio it will let you build those. I don't understand what the hype is toward HTML5/Java for applications though.

WaeV and Takka like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Tiddy-bits:

Every once in a while I forget how important S.M.A.R.T. drive status codes are. I was trying to diagnose a site's disk degradation issue and it was receiving UDMA CRC Error Count, which means it was a faulty SATA cable and the errors in data coming across were corrupting data on the disks. 

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365