Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Iggy

Teamspeak Issue

Hello everyone,

My Windows 10 installation crashed last night forcing me to do a re-install of my OS.

Since I used the free upgrade offered last year I don't have a Windows 10 disk and I wound up using a 64 bit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

I don't have a problem running Windows 7 for now until I decide to bite the bullet and pay for Windows 10 but I'm having an issue trying to get Team speak installed.

I've downloaded the 32 bit and 64 bit versions but when I attempt to install either one I get an error message stating that service pack 1 is required.

I ran Windows update after I installed the OS and one of the updates was in fact for Service Pack 1.

My update history states that Service Pack 1 was installed successfully although when I look at the OS info in the system panel in the Control Panel there's no mention of Service Pack 1 being present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Installing updates on Windows 7 is rather broken at the moment as there is a problem with windows update managing the large number of updates.

As of now to not go through hell trying to get it updated you have to install Service Pack 1 and about 5 other updates without letting it connect to the internet once.

It can take up to 48 hours straight to get everything to install properly. Microsoft does not seem to care about this.

As for windows 10 because you have had it installed once you can reinstall by downloading it from Microsoft and it will still be activated without needing another key.

You can get it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Edited by Vaporeon
DiSiAC, Takka933 and Krazychic like this

9 hours ago, Krazychic said:

Punch it again, although they say the diff between a man and a PC is how many times you need to punch information into it :P

I'll give it one good punch and there will be no need to do it again :P

Edited by Iggy

30 minutes ago, Iggy said:

I'll give it one good punch and there will be no need to do it again :P

If you want something to act right, back hand it.

I_9aa015_356883.jpg

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.