What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeadHamster

Ocarina of Time HD

Its the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen. 

Tucker I know youre first game was some need for speed junk on a PS2; this is a game called Ocarina of Time. This is what we refer to as "The greatest game ever". You should go get an emulator and try it out . <333

All jokes and teasing aside, this is a more or less one man project that you should be supporting. But not too loudly, lets hope this guy can get a shitton accomplished before Nintendo notices and gets nervous that their fans make better games than they do. 

DiSiAC likes this

Tiddy-bits:

This remake looks dope as fuck, and it's looking on point with the original game. I never got to beat the original; I got stuck in the Water Temple of course. I have the newer remake for the 3DS, but if this one is released without Nintendo being shits, I want to experience it like this.

I think this guy released too much of his work on YouTube. He's probably on Nintendo's radar now. He should have stealthily released the gameplay under different, anonymous YT channels, then when it's completed, throw it on some torrent website. In this day and age of cease and desisted fan games, like an almost 16 year old Pokemon ROM hack, or a 26 year old remake of a gameboy Metroid game that barely anyone has played in the first place. I have my doubts that Nintendo will let this Ocarina remake be made so easily, but I have high hopes this guy finishes it soon and gets it out to the public, both for people who love this game, and those that missed out on it.

Edited by Risk

xgd0s9.jpg

I've seen this video and it looks quite pretty. I'd probably disable motion blur, but that's just a personal thing. And yeah, Nintendo wants to protect their IP, and I get that, but sometimes they'll take things down just to take things down, even if it benefits them without costing them anything. At one point, they even did this with gameplay videos and they still sort of do it but by taking revenue rather than shutting down the videos.

While unofficial HD remakes look great, I get more excited over original titles, personally. What I mean is that if they can remake something into something that looks even better with Unreal Engine, imagine what they can do with a brand new game.

I want this and I want this now. Has been forever since I've played OoT. Was just thinking about playing the Master Quest version again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0