Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Krazychic

In face of Donald Trump's Muslim ban, Canada's Trudeau welcomes refugees

54 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

54 minutes ago, DeadHamster said:

And to clarify again in very simple terms; fuck the globe.

And the globe fucks you back.

E:

1 hour ago, Wojtek said:

Well, it wasn't relevant until you decidedly made it relevant. You flatter yourself too much, it has nothing to do with you. All nations deal with their own social and geopolitical issues, I posted the headlines to counter your seemingly inflammatory remarks about the US needing to 'fix" itself. Glass houses and all that. 

Well, I'd imagine the headlines are as valid as your comments concerning the US. 

I made nothing about Germany relevant to this topic. Neither do stuff like "What it's like to be homeless during Germany's winter" or "German schools seeing more drug offenses" add anything of value to it.

If you think of my remarks as inflammatory or invalid then either confront them with >pertinent< facts or ignore them/ put on your blinders. But this insubstantial talk serves no purpose.

We are in the age of global terrorism, a threat that is new and constantly changes. Other than mass hysteria and hyperbole, does anyone opposing Trump's suspension have any "smarter solutions that haven't been pursued by this country" yet?

Maybe not add fuel to fire? Not burn bridges?

Edited by tarikja

1 hour ago, DeadHamster said:

There's nothing for me to debate. My statements are very logical when you understand my viewpoint: I care nothing whatsoever for those I will never meet. I don't share your views on charity and outreach.

You know what I know of charity? Volunteering at a soup kitchen in Middle School and seeing some of my classmates there. Going with my aunt to bring meals to the elderly, who had nobody else to take care of them.

I worry about myself and those around me. My family, my friends, my coworkers, my community. The people I know who are hurting and suffering in a land where opportunity has passed them by.

I do not care or have any worry for anybody else. If keeping immigrants out of the country means that people I know (of any nationality, legal tax paying citizens who came here legally) will have more access to jobs and resources that should be going to them, then I don't care what effect it has on those who can no longer leach off America and send our resources back home.

If keeping Migrants and Refugees out of the country means that we aren't setting them up with houses and jobs that could have been setup to, once again, legal tax paying citizens, then I don't care how bad their situation is halfway across the world.

If defunding planned parenthood for foreign countries means there's millions of dollars that can be used to help Americans, I don't care how many foreign women are no longer getting treatment.

If cancelling trade deals and treaties that cause a financial detriment to American workers allows us to restructure those, I don't care how many foreigners are out of work because of it. I don't care that Ford is shutting down a plant that would've helped support an impoverished region of the world. I don't care that a 15% tariff may cause companies to abandon these countries and bring work back to Americans.

None of these people should have ever had that to start with. American money, American trade deals, American immigration laws, they should benefit Americans.

And before you call your racism bullshit; My housekeeping department is filled with some of the hardest working women in this country, who came here legally. Who pay taxes to support their community, to keep the roads paved and the schools in session. Every one of them of Latin descent, some who can't speak English. I work with them daily, I admire and respect the work they do and the struggles they themselves face. They are as American as you and I.

My parents are facing bankruptcy. They've been facing it, on the edge of it, for about 5 years now. I barely make ends meet, and I have no belief that the future will be better for me. There are days I don't have food; I don't give one single damn about anyone else, because not a one of them will ever give a damn about me.

When Trump speaks of the forgotten, he speaks of me. He speaks of my family. He speaks of the people doing everything right, working long hours for short pay, who are getting left behind. Who never had a chance.

You want a debate? You want logic? What logical reason is there that an illegal immigrant can have access to food stamps and welfare, live in a rent controlled home and drive on the roads my taxes bought, while they themselves work illegally paying no taxes.

You find a logical answer for that and maybe I'll listen to the rest of your argument. But for right now, I'm worried about me.

At least you have reasons for what you believe in, and for that I can respect your arguments. 

Could you clarify something for me though?

From what I understand, non citizens do not qualify for any social programs in America.  They also pay taxes.  (unless the company they are working for is doing it off the books which gets more into a business ethics discussion than an immigration issue.)

If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/#!newsmax/article/727875

You know that single lady with six kids from six fathers? Thats why. 

103 billion dollars. On average $1000 more than legitimate citizens, per month. Thats the price of making children born here citizens. 

If youre parents are not citizens, you shouldnt be either. Birthright should only apply when the parents are here legally. 

I'm locking myself in the anti-political vault, covering my ears and screaming "LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEEEEEEEEAR YOU" for the next 10 years if possible. I'm incapable of caring for any sort of politics as it's all gone into the shitter due to humanity's stupidity and abundance.

Here's probably the most unpopular opinion of the thread, I hope humanity goes extinct. In fact, I may devote my life to bringing about the extinction. Time to work on those retroviruses and super bacteria I've been designing.

Tucker933 likes this

xgd0s9.jpg

17 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

Wow, just wow.  I think hamster just came out of the political closet.

When you cant be right just act superior AKA liberal arguments

This all sounds like a modern day Mutiny on the Bounty just with a huge amount of arrogance.

I can only see the loss of respect the USA will receive from these actions of it's presidency.

3 minutes ago, Krazychic said:

This all sounds like a modern day Mutiny on the Bounty just with a huge amount of arrogance.

I can only see the loss of respect the USA will receive from these actions of it's presidency.

8 minutes ago, DeadHamster said:

When you cant be right just act superior AKA liberal arguments