Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Tucker933

What do you drive?

25 posts in this topic

Okay I did some math.  Pretty sure I have a 30 gallon tank, and I usually get right up to 300 miles on a tank which leaves me with...10mpg at best.  Well then.  That's almost as bad as my dad's 8.1L Vortec silverado.  It gets 8mpg if you never tow stuff with it and baby step on the gas pedal.

oVoXWXc.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

1 hour ago, Skeezix the Cat said:

Okay I did some math.  Pretty sure I have a 30 gallon tank, and I usually get right up to 300 miles on a tank which leaves me with...10mpg at best.  Well then.  That's almost as bad as my dad's 8.1L Vortec silverado.  It gets 8mpg if you never tow stuff with it and baby step on the gas pedal.

Yeah, my family had a similar van and it was roughly around the same mileage. 

Linux/Unix | InfoSec | Electronics | Radios

2016 Mustang v6. Couldn't go with the GT due to price but the performance really doesn't disappoint. Besides, I got it to be a fun daily driver while I save up for an R32 Skyline.

qTftXWvh.jpg

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

On 1/25/2017 at 9:37 AM, DiSiAC said:

Getchu sum!

Oh trust me, I plan on it! Only issue is that saving up in my current situation is pretty much impossible. Until I get a new job with higher pay, it's a dream. What sucks about that is, while I'm trying to get a higher paying job, the price for one just keeps going up. For an R32 GT-R, it's getting damn close to $40k. When I was first looking, they were right under $20k. I decided to wait because I was saving up for a house. I feel like I made a mistake. :/

DiSiAC likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002

48 minutes ago, As7raios said:

Oh trust me, I plan on it! Only issue is that saving up in my current situation is pretty much impossible. Until I get a new job with higher pay, it's a dream. What sucks about that is, while I'm trying to get a higher paying job, the price for one just keeps going up. For an R32 GT-R, it's getting damn close to $40k. When I was first looking, they were right under $20k. I decided to wait because I was saving up for a house. I feel like I made a mistake. :/

Not at all

House > Cars.  All day every day. 

I have only seen a few R32 GTR's in the 40 range and they are rare beasts like race spec nismos.

$25K is about the going rate for a legally imported GTR at the moment.   A friend of mine just picked one up for $20K.

It's MKIV Supras that are skyrocketing in price right now.  

Edit:  Besides, Z32s are more fun than R32s :D  All wheel drive is a crutch.

Edited by DiSiAC

cvQXQ5A.gif

Behold! Fresh from the workshop! Taken immediately to a test drive! :v

With a 3x8 gear box!

Going from 0 to fast-enough in a reasonable amount of time!

And it got a new headlight, too!

KL0rZq6.jpg

Tucker933 and DiSiAC like this

I drive a pearl colored 2012 Nissan Altima. My dad gave it to me on my 16th birthday. It's a really nice car. :D