What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Krazychic

Parent Gamers

Tiddy-bits:

My dad bought me a few PC games on our old Gateway (which had Windows ME - ugh), which I talked about here. He also owned a Nintendo 64 with a bunch of games. BattleTanx: Global Assault and Wipeout 64 were some of my favorites. When I was in 2nd grade, he also bought me Duke Nukem 64 and Star Fox 64 and gave it to me during school. Those were fun as well.

He also owned a GameBoy (with only three games, though: Tetris, Total Carnage, and Space Invaders) and bought me my own GameBoy Advance with Mario Kart Super Circuit buying me a few more games over the years including all of the Super Mario Advance series games (Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World).

One of my friends gave me Pokémon: Gold Version a few months before Pokémon: Ruby was released, and he bought me Pokémon: Fire Red version. That got me into Pokémon until Generation 4 when I lost interest in the games for being rather lazy (until Generation 6).

I then won $100 in a drawing from the entire school and spent it on a DS Lite (my dad paid for the other $30 - DS Lites were $129.99), and he bought a few games for it (Need for Speed: Pro Street, Super Mario 64 DS, Star Fox: Command, and Madden Football). The right hinge on the screen broke after a few years unfortunately.

He then bought an Xbox 360 Slim for the family and bought a bunch of games for it over the years such as all of the 360 Halo games except for Halo 3 (he bought ODST - I bought Halo 2 and Halo 3 from a pawn shop), Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (technically he bought it but I reimbursed him), and Halo Wars (I wasn't really interested in it).

The last console my dad bought me was a Nintendo 3DS and I played the hell out of it. I have hundreds of hours on Pokémon Y, Omega Ruby, Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, and Super Mystery Dungeon, and I played the hell out of games such as Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D and Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (all games that I bought myself). After a couple years, I gave it to a close friend of mine a month or so after buying a New Nintendo 3DS XL. He really hasn't been able to spend a lot of time with it due to being in the Navy, but he bought Pokémon Y a while back.

So, yeah, I'd say it was my dad who got me into gaming, though it was one of my friends who got me into Pokémon.

Krazychic likes this

My parents don't play games lol they don't even know what they are. One time I told my father to try to play some L4D while I was playing, he tried for a little bit and give up because he didn't like all those zombies. 

Kavawuvi and Takka like this

58 minutes ago, Mati said:

My parents don't play games lol they don't even know what they are. One time I told my father to try to play some L4D while I was playing, he tried for a little bit and give up because he didn't like all those zombies. 

As he should have.

I've been playing games with my dad for as long as I can remember. Used to play Halo with him a lot, now mostly Overwatch.

I don't talk much with my mom (only parent). I just game on my own, and do what I want when I want :) I have seen an influx of middle aged people who don't know even what a computer is or how to use one much less start up a game and do well at it......

qLaaeEJ.png