What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerfectDark

Bought some new parts today

i5-6600, MSI Z170A LGA 1151, gskill 16gb (2x 8gb), and an eVGA 850 watt, totalled just over $600. maybe next i'll get a huge monitor or something fun. video card is still a year or so away, have a gtx 970 sc

DiSiAC, Takka, Sceny and 1 other like this

qLaaeEJ.png

Tiddy-bits:

Definitely :) Though I will warn everyone, I don't usually ever go for cable management because I am a hermit and just work and game, lol but I'll try. Last build I did in 2013 I put everything together on the kitchen floor because its wood and I dont have to get a grounding bracelet, and I brought it into the bedroom and it started up perfectly first press of the power button and it didn't whine and it didn't complain, and thats what I'm hoping for this next build come Tuesday ^_^

qLaaeEJ.png

I personally think the importance of grounding straps is slightly exaggerated.  Doesn't hurt, I guess but I don't go out of my way to be "grounded" properly when touching things, especially if I haven't been getting shocked by things lately.  Even when I do, it's almost exclusively by my car door and I have my suspicions as to how electrons get built up on its surface so much more rapidly than other vehicles seem to...

oVoXWXc.png

Grounding yourself is perfectly fine. This can discharge static electricity that may be on you, but really, you just need to touch anything that's grounded to do this. If you're building a PC, you're probably going to be touching your case for much of the time, anyway.

Where I build or service my PCs is in the kitchen. There's a wooden floor and the PC is on a large, oak table (on a mat to avoid scratching it up).

ESD is a bitch. I fried my motherboard once when all I was doing was clearing the CMOS.

PerfectDark likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Just bought a CoolerMaster HAF 932 full tower case from newegg, and a CPU fan thats also from CM lol. I think my build is complete....only thing thats not changing is the harddrives and video card.....so far

oh, also some thermal paste, and an IDE to SATA converter as I don't have a blu ray player yet :(

Takka likes this

qLaaeEJ.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0