RGBMF

KDR Kick

17 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, and thanks for all the help!

I was wondering, since I am running unlimited clips, on all my servers, and the hackers have overridden them all, if there would be a way to set a KDR kick, and specify a min and max for each. Ideally, (for example) if somebody has 100 kills and 30 deaths, they get kicked, but not until they get 100 kills, and so forth. Id like to be able to experiment and change the ratio. 

With IP changing, and Hash changing, HALO will soon be dead, if somebody doesnt figure out how to stop the hackers.  Its nearly impossible to ban them, sometimes range banning works, but most of the time, that doesnt either. Anybody have any solutions to this? I tried setting a server with HAC2 but it was empty 24/7. This is a last ditch effort to annoy the cheaters enough to make them quit.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

RGBMF

Edited by RGBMF

«RG»BMF

Tiddy-bits:

10 hours ago, RGBMF said:

I was wondering, since I am running unlimited clips, on all my servers, and the hackers have overridden them all, if there would be a way to set a KDR kick, and specify a min and max for each. Ideally, (for example) if somebody has 100 kills and 30 deaths, they get kicked, but not until they get 100 kills, and so forth. Id like to be able to experiment and change the ratio. 

With IP changing, and Hash changing, HALO will soon be dead, if somebody doesnt figure out how to stop the hackers.  Its nearly impossible to ban them, sometimes range banning works, but most of the time, that doesnt either. Anybody have any solutions to this? I tried setting a server with HAC2 but it was empty 24/7. This is a last ditch effort to annoy the cheaters enough to make them quit.

Kill/death ratio is a poor, incredibly unreliable way to identify hackers. If you're actually worried about Halo's downfall, it's possible limiting a player's kill/death ratio will be its catalyst. Not only are you not allowing good players to play on your servers who have likely played the game for years (unless everyone is good, balancing the k/d ratios of everyone,which is unlikely to happen on a public server), but you're punishing players who happen to get lucky. Even someone as mediocre as I am can easily score a 3.0 kill/death ratio with 80+ kills if I'm in a server full of newbies or if the gameplay is unbalanced which allows me to cheaply get kills forever.

If you're so worried about hackers, there are things you can do: get more admins (that are actually good at being admins), password-protect your servers and only invite trusted players, etc.

But since you really want a script like this that I personally feel will do more harm than good, here you go. Try it and see whatever happens.

max_kdr.lua

Takka likes this

I appreciate your point of view, and I dont know what else to do. I went into my server yesterday, and there was a hacker in there, who was 635 and 15. Admins, good or bad are scarce. I am desperately trying to hang onto this game, and I have many members and admin working and asking what the hell to do. I usually have more than 25% of the total HALO CE traffic on my servers. The more traffic, the more cheaters. And most the good players are leaving this game too. I wanted to play with this, and see if it might diminish at least some of the cheaters. 

Thanks 002

Getting this error 002

EventCallback >> OnKill >> Lua Error: [string "max_kdr"]:13: attempt to compare
number with string

Edited by RGBMF

«RG»BMF

5 hours ago, RGBMF said:

ventCallback >> OnKill >> Lua Error: [string "max_kdr"]:13: attempt to compare
number with string

I've updated the script though @giraffe also has pretty much the same thing.

I cant tell if its working, i Ill let you know. But I wanted to say thanks a bunch! I wish I were able to do this myself, but I cant. Otherwise, I would. I hope this helps the innocent players, and the really good ones understand, its for the good of the community. EVERY one of my maps are CTF, but they are treated as Sniper.

We are inundated with hackers. They are all using this Deigo Multihack, thats widely availabe. so im wondering if there is ANY way to kill this thing?  If you check it out, this is for sure a HALO killer. 

Like 002 said, the only real way to stop them is to have a password, and thats just a pain in the butt! 

Thanks again dudes, and HEY Praetor!!

«RG»BMF

Yep...isnt there a way to negate this hack? They all have it, and they are all using it. Just google diego halo hack and see for yourself. 

Edited by RGBMF

«RG»BMF