What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sanni

How to remove the friend indicator client side?

I have recently watched a Battlefield 1 video with the hud completely turned off. I want to play Halo the same way.

I can get rid of the chat by not installing the msxml4 parser and the hud with the show_hud 0 console command.

But how do you remove the green arrow over the head of your team mates?

Can I just block the texture in memory?

Or tell my client that the server has the friend indicator disabled even though that isn't the case?

If yes, how?

I don't know why but the friend indicator seems to be a lot bigger and more annoying lately.

Tiddy-bits:

The only thing I can think of without using a library to do so is by editing the ui\hud\bitmaps\hud_multiplayer bitmap.

If you want to edit your bitmaps.map file, you'll need to use a program like HMT or Eschaton, open a map with the tag, then edit this tag. Using a completely blank (black) alpha channel should do the trick.

WaeV, DeadHamster and sanni like this

Ah nice, Cinematic_show_letterbox 0 removes the letterbox again and the friend indicator is still hidden, now if I only could move :)

Does anyone know the name of the tag in Eschaton? I tried searching for team, friend, indicator, arrow and hud.

6 hours ago, sanni said:

Ah nice, Cinematic_show_letterbox 0 removes the letterbox again and the friend indicator is still hidden, now if I only could move :)

player_enable_input 1 allows movement again, but I should've also mentioned that cinematic_start locks your frame rate at 30.

6 hours ago, sanni said:

Does anyone know the name of the tag in Eschaton? I tried searching for team, friend, indicator, arrow and hud.

002 already mentioned it, it's  ui\hud\bitmaps\hud_multiplayer.bitmap

Seems like I need a little bit more assistance:

First I download Eschaton from here:

Then I open bloodgulch.map but I can't do anything with any bitmap:

Grs6lWA.jpg

Is there a way to open the bitmaps.map directly?

It should be enough to just overwrite the actual bitmap with zeros in an hex editor but how do I know at which offset it is?

17 hours ago, sanni said:

Is there a way to open the bitmaps.map directly?

It should be enough to just overwrite the actual bitmap with zeros in an hex editor but how do I know at which offset it is?

If you're doing CE, edit the ui.map file instead, as all of its bitmaps tags are in the map file (the bitmaps are stored in bitmaps.map). Changes will still be made to the bitmaps.map file.

Careful if you go in and edit bitmaps.map, as the bitmaps tags themselves are in there too, and if you zero over those, you will crash Halo whenever those tags are loaded, requiring a new bitmaps.map file altogether.

sanni likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0