Down Under

Vehicle Teleports

28 posts in this topic

Tried & Failed: but below are the steps I took.

1) Under Sapien / Heiarchy / Game Data / Trigger Volumes

- made a trigger volume (same size as vehicle)...named it "Enter"

also made a test vehicle named it "Vehicle1"

2) Under Sapien / Hiearchy / Game Data / Flags

- made a "flag" called it "Exit"

3) Under Halo CE / Data / Scripts

- typed the following script: 
(script continuous Vehicle_Tele
  (if (= (volume_test_object Enter Vehicle1) true)
   (object_teleport Vehicle1 Exit)
 )

[all in .hsc format]

4) Under Sapien: "compiled scripts" successfully & saved

5) recompiled map in tool

6) tested: did not work :(

any help or steps missing?

Thanks

Edited by Down Under

Tiddy-bits:

The script seems fine, although it is missing a closing parenthesis which I assume was left out when you copied it.

First thing you can do is make sure the script was successfully added to the scenario by opening it in Guerilla and scrolling to "SCRIPTS". If you can find "Vehicle_Tele" then it was added. If the script was added, I guess you can try making the trigger volume larger.

looked in Guerilla and it is not in there, so I made trigger volume larger...re-saved scripts successfully and compiled map again...no luck

No, I checked? Also checked debug.txt and nothing other than a player weapon deleting unexpectedly 

Edited by Down Under

Then your script is not compiling. You either have the file saved in the wrong file type or have it saved in the wrong location.

EDIT: First and foremost do this, replace your entire script with the following

<if this works you saved your file incorrectly>

If it still compiles correctly it's not compiling a script; verify it's a .hsc and not a .hsc.txt   file, and also make sure it's in your scenarios DATA directory, NOT TAGS.

Once you've verified that, here's your script.

(script continuous vehicle_tele
    (if
        (volume_test_object Enter Vehicle1)
        (begin
            (object_teleport Vehicle1 Exit)
            (sleep_until
                (= (volume_test_object Vehicle1 Enter) false)
            )
        )
    )

Debug.txt will only show errors from Sapien/Guerilla. Never ingame issues. Also script errors won't post they just wont compile if syntax is incorrect.

If that doesn't work post back let me know.

Edited by DeadHamster

thanks for the revised script. However, same result. says it compiles correctly in Sapien but when I load Guerilla it is not in the script section. One note while in Guerilla it looks like the "exit /flag" I created for the same script appears under the script section in the "Cutscene" section? Is that where that flag goes when created? Curious why this imports over and the other part of script does not? I did check to make sure the file is in .hsc format and it is in the C:\Halo Custom Edition\data\levels\extinction pathway.

I am working with this map and have deleted the other V-teleports and wanted to add new locations. Found that there was one V-teleport not working on original map. I have renamed the scenario to "X-tinction" but it is located in same pathway as the original extinction.scenario. I did try and pull up both scenarios and the newly placed V-teleport does not pull across for either scenario.

Thanks

If your scenario tag path is "tags\levels\extinction\X-tinction.scenario" then you have to save your .hsc files in "data\levels\extinction\scripts\".  Your "Exit" flag should be under CUTSCENE FLAGS, so there isn't a problem there. Also, there was nothing wrong with the original script, as I followed the same steps you listed in your first post and was able to get it working.