What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
ShikuTeshi

Chrome Extension - Stylish

WARNING:

Stylish has been removed due to a security issue after they've been aquired by another company. In which your browser history data was being sent to said company and likely sold. Instead, you can search for Stylus which is the same program but open source.

Some of the simplest tools make life so much easier. I've been using this extension for about a year and it has easily become one of the best things to have while browsing the internet at night.

Stylish is an extension that allows users to create their own website themes or install one from another user. It will allow you to change the background of a website, the colors, fonts, or whatever you can imagine. It can even remove ads from a website if you code it to do so. One of the main reasons people use this extension is to install a Dark Theme for various websites such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc...

I even use it on OCNet to replace the background image using simple code. (although I kinda just googled that)

body{
  background-attachment: fixed !important;
  background-image: url(http://wallpapercave.com/wp/DM6hvet.jpg) !important;
}

Installing a theme from another user is as easy as finding what you want, and clicking install. Removing a theme is just as easy as clicking delete. Creating your own... well that's going to take some time.

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • You can install user themes without making your own
  • Easy tool to create your own theme or edit someone else's
  • No noticeable impact on performance

Cons

• Most theme's uploaded to Stylish are poorly done, not very good, or just haven't been updated after a web UI overhaul.
Edited by ShikuTeshi
Takka, Kavawuvi, WaeV and 1 other like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits: