Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Tucker933

Graphic Artists?

12 posts in this topic

I was curious about how many we have here, to see whether it would be worth reopening the art sections. I know a lot of you have content that would fit in there, such as pictures and crafts, but it's doubtful that content would be active enough to sustain the section on its own. If we have people capable of making graphics here, that would be a great opportunity to have a request topic or two, like we currently have in Media, but with more emphasis on trading tickets in exchange for the results. Would be nice to have more worth trading tickets between members for, so that the benefit of having them isn't so heavily based on winning at the end of the month.

WaeV likes this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I suck at art.  The closest I come is those poses.

...Which take entirely too long to make, sometimes.

ZFkXnuW.png External link

I have an associates degree in graphic design, but my skills are rusty. I loved having an art thread, but I would most likely post my sewing/crochet projects. 

If we revisit having artwork sections, I'd like to do something like this:

Artistic Discussions

Albums

(Each topic would be like an album, where you share content in line a theme)

Projects

(Work in progress stuff)

Requests

(For requesting graphics, which would be a very ticket-based interaction)

ScarlettFayt likes this

It's my major in college, and I can do some boss-ass sketches/colours with paper/pencil, but my skills with "photoshop painting" still need a lot of work. Ironically though I can texture 3D models with the skill of a near-professional (Do not judge by my work I have currently online; you have to remember I don't frequently publish the stuff I do)

Side-note: Lefties ftw

Edited by Vuthakral
Tucker933, Kavawuvi and swamp like this

Would definitely enjoy seeing everyone's arts and crafts.

I draw as a hobby, usually in short bursts whenever I see something motivating or inspiring. Digital painting is what I've recently picked up.

Tucker933 and ScarlettFayt like this

To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.

Sounds like it's worth a try at bringing back again. I'm reorganizing the old art topics that were hidden, so it'll be later this week that the sections return.

Rayy likes this