What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

The end to our livestreams?

13 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, DiSiAC said:

I think the math is crooked.   3.5mbps *60sec*60min =12,600Mbits/8 = 1,575MBytes

that's about 4.7GB for for 3 hours.  Did I miss something? 

You would think so yeah. Xfinity's usage calculator seems to disagree however.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Awesomely, 002 is up for handling the game night streams from now on, so we'll keep the channel around.

Shiku will still be managing the game nights, though.

Sceny likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

On 10/17/2016 at 9:07 PM, ShikuTeshi said:

Each streaming session takes up 30-50GB of data if I'm streaming at the recommended 3.5mb for Twitch for about 3 hours, which is our average game night length.

Doesn't sound like an issue with a 1TB data cap, but take in a bunch of other factors and I can't stream anymore. Not to my own or the OC channel.

And unfortunately every other ISP in my area is garbage. http://www.ispprovidersinmyarea.com/95824-zipcode-internet-providers.html

I have only one ISP choice and it delivers DSL. I literally have 2 phone lines just go get 15 down 1.5 up.  Also you could ask AT&T for a business line which would cost you $100(ish) a month on the slowest package.

Edit: For me, Each phone line cost $30 to have and then the 50$ service on top of that so yeah....

Edited by Devieth