What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
ShikuTeshi

Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Battery & PowerPort+ 1 Charger

*It looks like they've made hardware improvements to this model https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Capacity-PowerPort/dp/B01K6TA748

**It looks like there have been more improvements to this model https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Delivery-Charger-Portable/dp/B01MZ61PRW
**It seems to drop the Qualcomm Quickcharge port and simply focus on two IQ smart charge ports since mobile manufacturers seems to like to create their own Quick Charge methods rendering it a mostly useless feature.

Old Review due to model changes

Spoiler

I picked up this $80 Battery & Charger combo pack during the launch week of Pokemon GO because of how much the game killed my phone battery. It was also useful during my time as a Janitor with a supply room that lacked an outlet. This bulky battery is 1.3 pounds and comes with a 26800mAh capacity, 3 USB charging ports, 1 micro USB charging port, and an LED ring for a power indicator. The best part is that one of the USB ports on the device is Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 capable. So users with a properly equipped android device can benefit from the faster charging speeds. If you are unsure about your device you can check it here.

But this device also comes with a wall charger. The PowerPort+ 1, and this makes the deal all the better. The battery has Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, and Anker provides a wall charger that can take advantage of such thing. The PowerPort+ 1 contains Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and a short micro USB PowerLine brand cable to enable that functionality. Needless to say, if you have a Qualcomm 2.0 or 3.0 device, and a premium cable like Anker's PowerLine series, you can take advantage of the charging speeds the PowerPort+ 1 provides.

New Review

While basically just as great as before, this new model sports 2 USB PowerIQ charging ports over the original 2+1 Qualcomm Charging port. This is because of brands preferring to create and brand their own unique fast charging features which makes QualComm specific quick charging mostly useless. These 2 USB ports offer 5V/3A charging capabilities which should be more than enough for all devices. And because of the PowerIQ ports, it will only push the power that your device can handle. Not too little and not too much unlike those cheap dollar store chargers you might be looking at.

Anker has also removed the devices built in Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and replaced it with a generalized quick charge micro-USB port and generalized fast charging, high amp wall charger with now a USB-C to USB-C cable instead of a micro USB to USB cable. This is what allows the faster charging of the battery bank.

Pros

• Rated to charge Phones and Tablets multiple times, and even a MacBook (2015) at least 3 times
  • It comes with a Quick Charge wall charger and an MFI certified charging cable
  • 3 charging ports, with one of them being Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
  • 2.4A charging for non Qualcomm equipped devices
  • 8-9 hour charging time with included PowerPort charger (16-17 hours with a 2A charger)
  • 10 LED lights for a more precise power read
  • Surge Protection
  • 18 month warranty
  • Encased and reinforced on the inside with aluminum
  • Legally allowed on an airplane

Cons

• Large and hefty. You likely wont be holding it in your pocket, and it's a 1.3 pound add-on to your bag. Not ideal for portability
  • Can not charge devices while being charged itself (battery safety feature, but some find it as a bad feature for some reason)
Skeezix the Cat and Takka like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Damn, that's definitely worth considering. Thanks for sharing this; I'll probably end up getting this over the Flip 30.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

I love huge batteries but when it comes to powerbanks for phone charging, physical size is a huge dealbreaker for me.  I forget the brand, but I have a 10000mAh bank I got specifically for my LG G5 that has Quick Charge 3.0 on it.  It's just about the right size I think.  I keep it in my backpack at work so I can charge my phone while I'm on my fork truck instead of plugging it in somewhere and leaving it alone.  I also charge my 3DS with it and can usually get a week's worth of use out of it.  I could use something like what you have and it'd probably last a month or more.  I bet you could jump start a car with that thing...Connect three usb cables, splice'em into series and jump that shit :P

WaeV, Takka and Sunstriker7 like this

oVoXWXc.png

Finally got around to buying this; definitely has a lot of gravity in 'er.

I've been quite happy with the performance, and being able to Fast Charge anywhere.

Thanks for the reviews; this is why I ended up getting it. =D

Sunstriker7 and ShikuTeshi like this

My powerbank still works, but the 2A port is wearing out, so I'm stuck with just slow charging.

10,000 mAh is just about the right capacity. Gonna have to look into this device.

ShikuTeshi and Skeezix the Cat like this

I've seriously only ever had to recharge mine once since buying it. It seems to last forever.

ShikuTeshi likes this