Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Battery & PowerPort+ 1 Charger

*It looks like they've made hardware improvements to this model https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Portable-Capacity-PowerPort/dp/B01K6TA748

I picked up this $80 Battery & Charger combo pack during the launch week of Pokemon GO because of how much the game killed my phone battery. It was also useful during my time as a Janitor with a supply room that lacked an outlet. This bulky battery is 1.3 pounds and comes with a 26800mAh capacity, 3 USB charging ports, 1 micro USB charging port, and an LED ring for a power indicator. The best part is that one of the USB ports on the device is Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 capable. So users with a properly equipped android device can benefit from the faster charging speeds. If you are unsure about your device you can check it here.

But this device also comes with a wall charger. The PowerPort+ 1, and this makes the deal all the better. The battery has Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, and Anker provides a wall charger that can take advantage of such thing. The PowerPort+ 1 contains Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and a short micro USB PowerLine brand cable to enable that functionality. Needless to say, if you have a Qualcomm 2.0 or 3.0 device, and a premium cable like Anker's PowerLine series, you can take advantage of the charging speeds the PowerPort+ 1 provides.

Pros

• Rated to charge Phones and Tablets multiple times, and even a MacBook (2015) at least 3 times
  • It comes with a Quick Charge wall charger and an MFI certified charging cable
  • 3 charging ports, with one of them being Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
  • 2.4A charging for non Qualcomm equipped devices
  • 8-9 hour charging time with included PowerPort charger (16-17 hours with a 2A charger)
  • 10 LED lights for a more precise power read
  • Surge Protection
  • 18 month warranty
  • Encased and reinforced on the inside with aluminum
  • Legally allowed on an airplane

Cons

• Large and hefty. You likely wont be holding it in your pocket, and it's a 1.3 pound add-on to your bag. Not ideal for portability
  • Can not charge devices while being charged itself (battery safety feature, but some find it as a bad feature for some reason)
Tucker933 and Skeezix the Cat like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

I love huge batteries but when it comes to powerbanks for phone charging, physical size is a huge dealbreaker for me.  I forget the brand, but I have a 10000mAh bank I got specifically for my LG G5 that has Quick Charge 3.0 on it.  It's just about the right size I think.  I keep it in my backpack at work so I can charge my phone while I'm on my fork truck instead of plugging it in somewhere and leaving it alone.  I also charge my 3DS with it and can usually get a week's worth of use out of it.  I could use something like what you have and it'd probably last a month or more.  I bet you could jump start a car with that thing...Connect three usb cables, splice'em into series and jump that shit :P

Sunstriker7 and Tucker933 like this

oVoXWXc.png

Finally got around to buying this; definitely has a lot of gravity in 'er.

I've been quite happy with the performance, and being able to Fast Charge anywhere.

Thanks for the reviews; this is why I ended up getting it. =D

Sunstriker7 likes this

dual.png