Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Flip 20 Recharger

Dlxd2N5.jpg

http://www.goalzero.com/p/308/flip-20-recharger

This is a compact USB charge pack that I bought this about 6 months ago, because the cheap phone I had at the time couldn't maintain it's charge through the workday, which was a big problem for what I do. It comes with a short USB to Micro USB cable for connection to your phone without a tangle, and it could recharge my old phone twice before needing to be recharged itself, though only once for my Galaxy S7. It very quickly charges your device with 2.1 amps, so you don't have to leave it plugged in for long if you just need an extra boost to get through the day.

At the time I bought it this was their best model, however they recently came out with the "Flip 30" (has 50% greater capacity), so I'll definitely be ordering that soon.

Pros

• Great capacity and design.
  • LED's indicate remaining capacity.
  • Quick charging of your device.

Cons

• The unit is charged through a USB port that flips out of its side, making it difficult to plug in to most ports. I had to buy a USB extension cable for more convenience.
  • Takes all night to recharge through USB; would be nice to have a AC charging adapter for faster charging. Maximum input is 1.5 amps.
ShikuTeshi likes this

tycho.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Was wondering about the mAh so I looked it up. There's some very confusing information on Amazon's page.

2600mAh with 1A output designed to give one full phone charge

Capacity: 18.7Wh, 5200mAh

I think I'll do a review on the battery bank I got for comparison.

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

That's amusing. I believe companies input the information themselves for the product page.

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

Or not if it hasn't been fixed yet.