What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
xvii

2016 Presidential Race Thread

Who would you vote for?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton

Please
sign in or register to vote in this poll.
74 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I firmly believe that Donald Trump doesn't want to be President.

I don't think he actually believed he'd win the nomination for the Republican ticket and he's doing everything he can think of to throw the election.

DiSiAC and xvii like this

On 10/12/2016 at 6:18 AM, Krazychic said:

I couldn't agree more.

I'm just glad we don't get fined for not voting like you guys.

xgd0s9.jpg

8 hours ago, Iggy said:

I firmly believe that Donald Trump doesn't want to be President.

I don't think he actually believed he'd win the nomination for the Republican ticket and he's doing everything he can think of to throw the election.

What's even worse is that people will vote for him despite all of the dumb shit he's doing.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

2 hours ago, Risk said:

I'm just glad we don't get fined for not voting like you guys.

That opens it up to loads of people not giving a shit, so not voting because of the drama going on with both Trump and Clinton.

Do you find out what percentage of the population voted once final results are read?

On 10/13/2016 at 1:55 AM, Krazychic said:

That opens it up to loads of people not giving a shit

indeed. Which will probly be +40% of the population not turning out.

"Voter turnout dipped from 62.3 percent of eligible citizens voting in 2008 to an estimated 57.5 in 2012. That figure was also below the 60.4 level of the 2004 election but higher than the 54.2 percent turnout in the 2000 election.Nov 8, 2012"

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

That opens it up to loads of people not giving a shit, so not voting because of the drama going on with both Trump and Clinton.

Do you find out what percentage of the population voted once final results are read?

The electoral college matches it against census statistics (population) versus how many votes were actually cast. 

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

Yes they keep track of the voter turnout as a percentage of registered voters.

The candidates didn't interrupt each other so much this time, which was nice to see.

This part was a little spoopy:

Wallace: But sir, there's a tradition in this country of the peaceful transition of power, and no matter how hard fought a campaign is, the loser concedes to the winner - not saying you'll be the loser - and they come together for the good of the country. Are you saying you're not prepared to do that?

Trump: What I'm saying is that I'll tell you at the time. I'll keep you in suspense.

Puddin likes this