Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Halo 5: Forge

16 posts in this topic

I just want to throw out my negative: Requires windows update to be enabled. The kind that on Windows 10 will forcibly restart your computer regardless of the fact that you're in the middle of work and will lose progress. (In my case it also breaks my mouse's drivers every time, woo!)

It's also the reason I don't play this game. If it's disabled, the game crashes to the desktop on launch. As a bonus, if you have it disabled and Halo 5 Forge is not already installed, you cannot download the game at all.

KNYeMAD.png

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

1 minute ago, Vuthakral said:

I just want to throw out my negative: Requires windows update to be enabled. The kind that on Windows 10 will forcibly restart your computer regardless of the fact that you're in the middle of work and will lose progress. (In my case it also breaks my mouse's drivers every time, woo!)

It's also the reason I don't play this game. If it's disabled, the game crashes to the desktop on launch. As a bonus, if you have it disabled and Halo 5 Forge is not already installed, you cannot download the game at all.

I'll add that as a con under just annoying DRM, because I'm not too keen on requiring the user to be online even when working offline.

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1
status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:2
competent.png

I'd actually like to play this despite my incredible hatred for the UWP platform I've developed but I can't download any windows store apps at all.  So I guess it doesn't matter lol

oVoXWXc.png

5 minutes ago, Skeezix the Cat said:

I'd actually like to play this despite my incredible hatred for the UWP platform I've developed but I can't download any windows store apps at all.  So I guess it doesn't matter lol

I'm sure this would gain a lot more traction if it were available on Steam and available for users of Windows 7 and 8. Not everyone wants to join Microsoft's little Windows 10 treehouse, and there are tons of games on Steam that are worth playing over this game, even ones that cost money.

Skeezix the Cat likes this

status.png?customhost=ProtonNebula.com:1
competent.png

Yeah but Microsoft has a tendency to force things until they work, even if they have to ruin other products in the process, such as windows 10.  Not saying that's the one thing that ruins it, it's just one of the things IMO.

oVoXWXc.png

I've been playing this off and on. I'm impressed by Halo 5's forge mode and customization opens! Like anyone could have predicted, the controls are lacking. Even with everything set to raw input, it all just feels... laggy which is a really bad thing with how fast paced the game is. 

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - 002