What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Takka

What phone do you have, and what do you think of it?

24 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I have a Galaxy S6. I thought highly of it as a stable phone until this latest update that was pushed out that broke permissions on my phone. Kept asking for me to give everything overlay permissions and even the settings app couldn't give itself overlay permissions, lol. Had to factory reset and I'm kind of thankful I sync my contacts with my Google account, because I would have been fucked.

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I have an iPhone 5S and it's meh. Siri doesn't work and the speaker phone doesn't work. Well, it works but the mic doesn't work for that one. It's dumb.

LG G5, doing what I need it to do for the time but as per LG products lately, the power button ceased to work a few months back, so to wake it up and turn off the screen I have to double tap.
Thinking about using my upgrade at Tmobile to get an LG V20, but not too impressed; that's the second time I've bought an LG product and had that happen, first time was the 21" monitor. 

qLaaeEJ.png

I have a Pixel and I have only one complaint about it; the vibrate isn't strong enough. I have missed so many calls but I will NOT turn the volume on. I am far too socially awkward for that.

Overall though, I love it.

swamp likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

7 hours ago, Legion said:

Been looking for reasons to get a new phone, but the Galaxy S5 serves my needs well.

That's how I felt about my Nexus 6. Looking back now, I kind of feel like I made a mistake going away from it. Really, what's the point in upgrading? It used to be that advances were being made so rapidly with cellphones that there were clear differences between a phone that came out a year ago. It really doesn't feel that way anymore.

swamp likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

I have an S6 and I hardly feel the need to upgrade. I only check social media notifications on it and use it as a regular phone. Everything else I do on my computer for the most part.

Edited by Solaris

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I have a Galaxy Express Prime which is a Go Phone on a pre-paid plan.

I'm told by the individual who recommended the phone that it's the rough equivalent of a Galaxy 5 which I assume to mean it's half decent.

This is the first smart phone I've owned in fact it's the first cell phone I've ever actually  owned as I've used company provided phones since 1998.