Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aLTis

Hide and Seek

24 posts in this topic

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

The script always loads fine for me. I found another stupid mistake I made though and it should be fixed now. If this still doesn't work then try setting game_mode_required to false. hideandseek.lua

JuliquE likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

A month on, since your latest update, and we finally got around to testing it out, this past Saturday.

Loads fine, now, for what it's worth.

A shame that, upon falling to your death, you're switched without penalty, as that's just encouragement for people to hide at a height, and then plummet just prior to being caught, to stop the seekers scoring points. Again, a simple fix of docking a variable number of points from someone that dies from fall damage should do the trick; the problem I had, when attempting a fix via an event script, was that, when a new game/round starts, and people are switched over to the red team, as hiders, they would always lose three points, because, technically, they will have died upon being switched.

If you could address that possible exploit, as well as have the script balance teams upon the game's conclusion, that would be lovely. In the mean time, thanks heaps for this.

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn