Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aLTis

Hide and Seek

25 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

I have uploaded a new version of the script. Not going to list all of the changes but most important ones are:

• Fixed player speeds (speed no longer turns back to 1 slowly);
  • The script may only work on a specific gametype name;
  • Hiders can now use boost and camo abilities once per life;
  • Script may use geolocation to automatically translate all server messages to spanish;
  • A lot of minor fixes.

Here's a gameplay video:

Edited by aLTis
no offence, Takka, Aer and 1 other like this

08f9474ede.jpg

does that geolocation thing uses giraffe's program thing? :o (Resolved >:'v)

EDIT

just read this in the script >:u

--    GEOLOCATION
    --    This uses giraffe's geolocation script to see where the player is from
    --    And to change language automatically
    --    In order to use this, you need to download and put these in your hce folder:
    --   http://downloads.sourceforge.net/gnuwin32/wget-1.11.4-1-dep.zip
    --   https://eternallybored.org/misc/wget/releases/wget-1.16.3-win32.zip

Edited by mihirgates
resolved my query myself :v

I have updated the script, fixed the glitch that caused a round to start twice at the same time and fixed team switching on player join. For some reason using "st" command didn't work on players who just joined so instead I switched the team by editing memory manually.

Takka, WaeV and mihirgates like this

08f9474ede.jpg

Two of our guest regulars can't play this gametype (can't speak for anyone else); they can be seen running into objects, the way someone appears when lagging out, only they never disconnect. It's been said they can slightly move, but not without a near-constant "lag-box," in the bottom-right corner of their screen.

One is somewhat new to our circles (month or so, now), and connecting from South Africa. His connection is usually pretty bad, although that may soon change with him getting fibre lines installed. The other is connecting from Germany, and generally enjoys solid connectivity. Having said that, neither ever really has a problem playing anything else.

I've removed the geo-location files and changed the script's config. accordingly, all to no avail. Also tried various SAPP configurations, none of which made a difference.

Thought I'd let you know, as it could well be a more widespread issue.

Cheers.

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

It's most likely due to console messages being constantly sent to all players. I could add a variable to reduce the rate at which the messages are sent but I don't know if that will help so you will need to test it for me. For now, could you try changing console_messages to false and see if they still have that issue?

Edited by aLTis

08f9474ede.jpg

Finally got to test this change out, tonight.

Seems to have fixed the issue, but, of course, without the console messages, the game(type) can be a tad bit confusing for some.

Some updated observations and suggestions:

Turning off console messages seems to have fixed things, for the most part, as said… however, if ever either of the players suffering this issue are caught, they're unable to move until the start of the next round (same symptoms as listed, above).

When a new round starts, the red corpses left from the previous round give hints to where people are/were. If there's a way to see them deleted, prior to the start of the next round, that would be great.

A member of ours thought it would be an idea to reward any single remaining red, to have survived the round, with two points, instead of the usual one.

Finally, after the hide & seek match, the teams are always grossly unbalanced. Hope it's possible you could see teams balanced, at the game's conclusion (though I could imagine sorting this via events).

Cheers.

Edited by JuliquE

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0