Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tucker933

Raffle 2.0

14 posts in this topic

Our new raffle system has been built from the ground up for full integration with the site's software, automation of as much as possible, and greater utility. Managers are still in charge of giving out tickets for official reasons, such as most of what's listed in the raffle block on the index, but you will now be notified of tickets received or if you win a drawing, and see the details broken down in the raffle block. You can also transfer any quantity of tickets you've earned to other members for whatever reason you wish (from the miniprofile next to the respective member's post), such as for incentivizing your own needs when making a request for help or particular bit of content, making tickets more of a currency. Lastly, staff now have a monthly allotment of tickets for their own discretion, and while they still can't win the raffle or otherwise receive tickets, this acts as a reward for their duties and helps to stimulate the economy.

Currently, the raffle system is set to draw two winning tickets per month when the timer runs out, which means that there can be either two winners at a time (splitting the prize), or one winner receiving the full jackpot. In the future, it may be set to draw 3 per month, but we'll see how this goes for now.

Kavawuvi, Luke, Krazychic and 1 other like this

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Hey guys, if someone wants, they can make a topic offering their services in exchange for tickets from other members. Little things like making avatars/signatures or a shoulder to cry on.

Lots of surprising potential with this system.

"5 tickets for sale; only 1mil Runescape Gold each!"  Would be an example.*

Spoiler

*Exchanging Runescape gold for outside merchandise or currency is against the Jagex TOS.  OpenCarnage.net and its affiliates are not responsible for bans acquired in the purchase or exchange of OpenCarnage Raffle Tickets™

Kavawuvi and Tucker933 like this

oVoXWXc.png

29 minutes ago, Tucker933 said:

Not really; why opt out?

I opted out last time. and i honestly dont post enough to get more than 1/2 tickets a month if that.

RxoL70s.png

<00:52:19> "Pandora": dance bitch dance

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

I opted out last time. and i honestly dont post enough to get more than 1/2 tickets a month if that.

No one was opted out last time, other than for the raffle's first week. I don't understand your reason, though.

Kavawuvi likes this

002 figured out how IPB.4 makes their content responsive with redundant styling, which has now been implemented on our raffle block. It shouldn't look funky on medium resolutions anymore, and it should look better on small (mobile) than it did before.

Skeezix the Cat likes this