Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Tucker933

Electronics Filth

Share your personal pictures.

Replaced this mess at work the other day:

20160803_124646.jpg

WaeV likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.          

Tiddy-bits:

I dont have  a picture of it but a couple of years ago i was helping renovate a building for a restaurant, when we looked in the ceiling we found out that whoever did the electrical work had ripped out a bunch of conduit to replace it, but instead of getting rid of the old wiring they just left it in the ceiling with the new stuff. 

I also found this in the breaker box. 

KisveFY.jpg

sorry for poor quality, this was taken a couple of years ago with an old ipod, so the camera wasn't the best. 

Tucker933, Solaris and WaeV like this

How about my old PC case that also tried to double as a powerstrip.

SVpcM.jpg

It had this wacky-ass 3-wire connector to bridge power from the PSU (left side, not plugged in. looks like a normal ATX connector)

Bc3Ki.jpg

Never saw another case or PSU that supported something like this.

Don't have a picture, but when my folks started to renovate their upstairs bathroom we'd began with ripping down the old drywall. As we moved along the wall, we found a junction box in the middle of the wall not anywhere near an outlet or switch, without a cover, filled with plaster, and had a number of wires running to and from it. Once the power was cut, we pulled the box off the stud, smashed it apart, and found a giant tangle of spliced together wires using wire nuts, then sealed with the plaster...the 60's must have been an adventurous era. 

It's an interesting house. Also has a central vac, so each room has a hookup and the vacuum was located in the garage. Each hookup had a propriety outlet so you could power attachments.  The whole thing outlets, conduit, vacuum all made out of steel, even the attachments were made out of stainless. Hose was braided vinyl with a serious rubber inner hose. 

Edited by Weps
WaeV and Tucker933 like this

you should have seen the insides of the computers at my highschool's library; literally a fifth to half an inch of dust on the insides of half of them, I had to frankenstein a bunch of broken ones they had in the back to figure out what parts were broken and which ones worked to produce working machines out of them; we had six broken ones and I came out with four working ones by the end of the term.

No but seriouosly that shit was so bad you could blow into an air vent and the immediate five foot radius became a goddamn smoke cloud

you should have seen the insides of the computers at my highschool's library; literally a fifth to half an inch of dust on the insides of half of them, I had to frankenstein a bunch of broken ones they had in the back to figure out what parts were broken and which ones worked to produce working machines out of them; we had six broken ones and I came out with four working ones by the end of the term.

No but seriouosly that shit was so bad you could blow into an air vent and the immediate five foot radius became a goddamn smoke cloud

schools in general seem to have some odd mentality that once you set up a computer you just use it until it stops working, with no regard for maintenance. 

Vuthakral likes this

9AI82VM.jpg

My ghetto server rack lol. Top has my PC on it, second shelf is my laptop and spare harddrives, and bottom has my camera bag and right now boxes of paper and mail I gotta go through and throw out

Tucker933 likes this

spectrumsig3.png

Comm/Radio racks at one of the sites I support. They have fiber cables hanging from the ceiling from paperclips...

dG7Os.jpg

Edit, stupid fucking picture rotation

Wish I could take some pictures at some of the other sites. Birds nests/dead animals in some of the shelters, bastardization of cables for temporary fixes, shit that would make OSHA have a heart attack.

Edited by Solaris
Tucker933 and WaeV like this

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365