Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down Under

Changing a Slayer only Map to CTF

I was looking at the Map "Chozo" and was curious if it's possible to make it playable for CTF? Is this done through  HEK?

Thanks

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Yeah. 

Using HEK will require that you not only have access to the scenario tag file, but can recompile the map. You have a couple options on how you plan on doing this: you can change all of the spawn points, or you can add new spawn points. From my understanding, changing all the spawn points to work in CTF is fairly doable in Guerilla, which you'll need to go through all of the player spawn points. For adding new spawn points, you can use Sapien and click where you want your players to spawn. Lastly, you'll need to add CTF flag spawn points, which you might want to do on Sapien.

Also know that modifying your map may make it impossible for players without the modded map to join, as Halo CE will check the CRC32 checksum via an XOR challenge.

Tucker933 likes this

thanks for the input: both look and sound like it's the correct way to go. I followed the tutorial for guerilla by adding CTF and seemed to flow well. Just need to add the steps 002 have made. I will put out a slayer only first as this map looks to be a  better one for that gametype

Thanks again!