Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for modders and technology enthusiasts; have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JuliquE

Best Lap-Time Recorder

47 posts in this topic

Hm… yeh, a separate command makes more sense, so that you always have the choice to see any-order times.

That said, is there any way to scroll through the list, or, when there is too much text, have it appear in two or more phases/screens (first screen shows for "x" number of seconds, and then the second screen of records is displayed and so on)?

Just finished testing it, a bit, and noticed a few things:

doesn't announce any logged records, upon joining, nor tell you there aren't any

seems to only record current records, but, then, doesn't tell you how many seconds off your time was from the current/all-time records

/best_times always says there are no records

seems to only record current times if you're driving alone, but I can't confirm this (didn't get a chance to double-check what I thought I noticed; mentioning it, just in case)

/best_times command can't be changed (i.e. to /best)

Besides that, and if it's not too much trouble, could you make it so that it records times for drivers or people on-foot only, so that the script can be applied to on-foot races, as well (read: ignore times for all vehicle passengers).

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Much obliged, aLTis; can't thank you enough for your patience and dedication.

I'm sure, as you say, it's working fine… but, I'll be sure to report back, after a time using it, for what it's worth (even if just to give a thumbs up).

It seems to work perfectly in Halo Custom Edition, but not so in Halo: Combat Evolved. With your first script version working the same in both games, it didn't dawn on me to have a check in CE, when your first updated script wasn't working in regular Halo; apologies, then.

To make absolutely sure, I wiped and reinstalled one of our servers, with best_lap the only active script and SAPP config. settings as vanilla as I could have them.

In case it helps you to figure out a fix, I'll reiterate how the latest version of the script behaves in regular Halo:

says nothing upon server entry (as it does in CE), and goes on to only record current records (not all-time)

/times & /times_any both always show there being no records, but it tells you when you've set a new current record (somehow)

doesn't tell you how far from the current record you are

announces records set between flags, during rally races (if possible, rally can be treated like the other gametypes the script isn't active for)

Hoping you can have one last go at this, now it seems we've singled out the issue.

Cheers.

Edited by JuliquE

Yeah I made this script work for Custom Edition only since I don't have Combat Evolved installed currently. It shouldn't be hard to make it compatible with both games but I will need to install it and set up sapp stuff.

JuliquE likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Duly noted; take your time, then.

I should clarify that I have only checked rally race on regular Halo; I suspect it's announcing records for each flag in CE, as well.

Works very well, with only the following exception:

the script is still recording times for rally-races, which then are stored under the normal lap records (again, ignoring rally-races, like the other irrelevant gametypes, should do the trick)

As a suggestion, instead of announcing who's got the most records (don't presently use this), it would be nice if the map's current and/or all-time record(s) could be announced; can otherwise get a bit droning, seeing the same name show up at the end of each game (something more relevant to the last race would be ideal).

Also, I'm not sure if it announces most records at the end of ALL gametypes… but, if so, it should only announce most records holder on race gametypes.

Cheers.

Haven't tested much but this should work.

• Added new variables to display different stats on game end
  • Records are no longer recorded on rally
  • Stats no longer show up on other gametypes

best_lap.lua

JuliquE likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Seems one or two features aren't working, now (both new and old):

thought I noticed one or two updates back, already, that on some maps, it seems to tell you that you're short of the all-time record by 0 seconds (even when it's clearly much more than that, and it's set to show two decimal places); last noticed this on a map where the first person to "x" laps wins the game for his/her team (so, not the sum of all team-mates' laps)—couldn't imagine that makes any difference, but thought I'd mention it, all the same (will edit this message, if I notice it in other gametypes as well).

I currently have it configured to only announce the current lap record on game-end, and it doesn't currently work

the script seems to almost never tell you how far from the all-time record you are—only if you've broken it; think this might be related to the issue above

Might not be everything, but these are significant issues, so I thought to post about it a.s.a.p.