Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JuliquE

Best Lap-Time Recorder

47 posts in this topic

I fixed the 0 seconds bug, it was a mistake I looked over. I changed the script so it would record players time regardless if that was their best lap or not, before it only recorded best laps and 'time needed' messages weren't sent if they didn't beat the current record. I'm not sure why you are not getting messages at the end of the game, they work just fine for me. I slightly changed how messages are sent at the end of the game but I don't know if that will fix anything.

best_lap.lua

JuliquE likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Tiddy-bits:

Sorry; wanted to reply sooner, but was called to dinner.

Right, well… glad you were able to find the source of the issues, for those two fixes, there.

As far as the current lap record being displayed at game's end: seems to be working fine; don't know if maybe there's some unique circumstance in which nothing is displayed, but I felt sure, on at least one occasion, that a message should have been posted and wasn't (we all had, at least, one or two laps). No bother; happy it's working.

I've yet to try this latest script out, but, during my trials with the script before it, I hadn't come around to the rally-race in our cycle to be able to comment. Having done so, now, I can say it is still registering times and not ignoring the gametype, as it was thought to do.

Finally, I've a minor recommendation: now and again, you'd hear someone chuckle over their being some 237 odd seconds off the current/all-time record. Would it be possible to only tell someone how far off they are when they're within some reasonable range from the record (20/30 seconds, perhaps; could also just be a config. setting). More over, to even further decrease spam, it would be nice if the script only told people how far from the all-time lap record they are, provided they hold the current lap record; gives you something to strive for (levels of achievement, if you like) and you appreciate the current record a bit more, rather than always seeing it in direct comparison to the all-time record.

The last suggestion isn't crucial, but I think it would be brilliant to implement, polishing off what is a lovely script, perfect for us racers.

Will test out your latest update, and check back (not that you should wait on me, mind).

Cheers.

b_350x20_C957F6A-000000-FFFFFF-750A0E.pn

Wicked!

Although the script is still active during rally-races, and recording times (which are then stored under normal lap all-time records).

Think that's the last thing that needs addressing, really.

Also can add detect the player warping?

Let say with antiwarp 5 and have function to detect someone are on warping. If warping detected then their lap time will not be recorded.
In some cases if someone happen to be lag to which could lead to warp. (unless SAPP are smarter enough to tell difference between those two.) In result of lap time does not be recorded, but afterward he are clean on next lap wihtout warping at all then their lap time can be record.

It should be function for player to be recorded or not each lap.. rather than whole game or banned from record permanently.

In couple days ago, at DFS race server in CE (they also use this script) I saw one noob player intended to warping which to boosting warthog speed with my own eyes. So in the end he holding many best time records which are impossible for us to beat by about 10+ seconds margin or something.

Cheers.. think this should be last time to addressing along with @JuliquE suggest.

KlGKKLH.png

System specs: MSI Z390-A PRO with i7-8700K, 16GB RAM and Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

Interesting idea, though I'd make something like that configurable (enable/disable).

• Added RALLY_GAMETYPES variable

PC can't difference between normal and any-order but doesn't record rally records anymore

Fixed a small glitch that displayed incorrect records at game end if there were no records

Added anti_warp variable

best_lap.lua

JuliquE likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Oh, wow—only NOW realizing that the script logs normal and any-order times together, on PC; that's a huge loss, for me.

Any chance that you can make it recognize the two, again, and just be able to configure it to ignore certain gametypes in your mapcycle, by manually listing the names (like you were suggesting, the other night)?

Edited by JuliquE

The good: message sequencing is perfect (less spam).

A couple people, that we know of, saw a similar notification message to the one you had, indicating how far off a lap record they were, including a great number of decimals. Seems a minor issue, although it's hard to be sure just how frequently it occurs. So, yeh—might be worth sorting, then.

Alas, it still seems unable to distinguish between normal and any-order laps, as it used to (last working in the July 26th update), and it won't ignore rally race, despite my configuring it to.

Edited by JuliquE

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0