What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCK

So can someone explain this or is it just more bullshit?

11 posts in this topic

Any time I click a story about Trump in the "trending" FB news box and scroll down to see posts talking about the story, I notice pages of people who have copy/pasted reactions to it. This isn't a, "x shared y's post," thing where the original text is part of what's being shared. These are totally separate people who intentionally put this text in the text box and then added the story and posted.

yspHCOH.png

PihLFE5.png

Is there something I'm not getting here, or are these people running a grassroots marketing campaign with prefab posts that are supposed to look self-written?

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Tiddy-bits:

Sounds like Shillary's up to something nefarious, but if I use FB more than once every other month it's unusually frequent, so I wouldn't know.

ZFkXnuW.png External link

I saw something else like this regarding an article about Zuckerberg building a wall around his mansion. The copypasta went something along the lines of "So Zuckerberg calls Trump racist for wanting to build a wall, but he does it himself, the hypocrite," I'm not too sure what it's about, though. I feel like these posts are made by various different bots.

xgd0s9.jpg

These days real posts are frequently hard to distinguish from advertisements.

One need only visit Yahoo and look at all the "sponsored" articles now mixed in with actual ones.

The thing that seemed weird to me is that most of these posts had actual conversations going on in the comments, with the OPs participating. A lot of them didn't even have more than 10 likes. That's what made me think it wasn't a bot situation.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

It is probably a chain letter thingy with some source that goes "post this if you agree/ want to spread the truth/ show everyone how awesome you are!"

I remember something like this when I still used FB some years ago.

Facebook was going to change some policies and lots of people would post something along the lines of:

Dear Mr. Zuckerberg,

I hereby disagree in the modification of the new Facebook policies blablabla

This statement stands proof that you are not allowed to sell or distribute any of my data blablabla

Sincerely,

a sophisticated Facebook user

(Needless to say that this does nothing)

Now add some snowball effect and you can see people posting the same thing everywhere.

In your case, I'd guess that it just gives people a reason to post something (->attention).

WaeV likes this

Nah I know what you mean but I don't think that's the case - it's definitely trying to seem personal, and it doesn't say to repost at any point. The others I've seen have been the same way.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Any time I click a story about Trump in the "trending" FB news box and scroll down to see posts talking about the story, I notice pages of people who have copy/pasted reactions to it.

I see this a lot for all news stories.

When I share an article, sometimes I like to highlight a particular part of it -- a sentence or paragraph or so. I might even copy what someone else said about the article.

The difference is, I always try to make it clear if I'm quoting someone, and I guess these people didn't bother.

We've known about hired social-media posters for a while, but I expect much of this is simple unattributed copy+paste.

Non-political example hot off the presses:

8ACCcTJ.png

Can be a whole bunch of things, TCK.

I'm sorry for laughing with the rest when it came to Facebook and Zuck the Cuck and the censorship of news. Zuck has been acting fishy and it wouldn't surprise me if they got some shady shit going down.

Honestly, I don't really believe everything I read. I  think the media just makes up a bunch of shit and than posts it all over Facebook or Twitter as if it actually existed. Some people buy it because...obviously if the media is shitting it out, it must be real.....right?....nope wrong. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0