What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

First time getting pulled over by the police

14 posts in this topic

It was rather. Odd.

I was headed towards my cousins home for some BBQ when I saw the lights of justice flaring behind me through my rear mirror. I pulled over, they pulled over. I rolled down my window to be greeted by two police offers. Well, it wasn't really a greeting. Imagine a conversation between two really relaxed guys, and this is what happened.

Police: "I pulled you over because your front headlights are out."

Me: "Oh, is it?"

Police: "Yeah. Can I get your ID?"

Me: "Sure."

Police: "Are you on probation?"

Me: "No."

Police: "Okay give me one moment."

Me: "You said my front lights were out?"

Police: "Yeah."

Me: "Okay."

I get out of my car to inspect it.

Police: "See?"

Me: "Yeah."

I get back in the car. Police leaves to his car, then comes back.

Police: "Here you go."

Hands back my ID.

Police: "I just need you to get that fixed for me."

Me: "Alright, thanks."

Police: "Yep, have a good night."

Apparently you usually get a Fix-It ticket for these kinds of things. I guess I was lucky?

Overall I wasn't really scared, worried, or intimidated. I just saw the lights, looked at my speed, saw I was within the limits and thought "Huh..."

Krazychic likes this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure." -Somewhere on the internet 

"I felt left out so I added myself to your signature." -Pfhunkie 2020

"English isn't my primary language. It's also the only language I know." -ShikuTeshi ????
"In the quiet the silence is louder." -My Sister 2021

Tiddy-bits:

Better than the first (and only) time I got pulled over. This fuckin' motorcycle cop somehow managed to hide behind a speed limit sign, and ambush me, as I was going 47 in a 30 mph zone. Had to pay $180, but at least I got it off my record. I'm thankful I'm not driving right now, because I think there's about a year long probationary period after you get something off of your driving record, and if you get ticketed within that time, your first offense goes back on your record, along with whatever you got ticketed for.

xgd0s9.jpg

My first time getting pulled over was by my state's police dept.

I was driving through the state college campus and was speeding probably 13 mph over, but the road has one of those ridiculously low speed limits that everyone breaks. I was following a car, but the guy decided to make my day.

Followed me about a half mile off campus before he decided to pull me over. Dude had his hand on his gun the whole time while walking towards my car. Absolutely unnecessary.

Gave me a speeding ticket and the fine was like $350.

Other than that, every experience with the local PD has been highly positive.

I was 17 when I was first pulled over, and I got a serious ticket that time. I was caught doing 127mph on the freeway at 4am, trying to get back before my mom noticed I took her car in the middle of the night to see my girlfriend that lived an hour away.

Luckily the cop only stalled me for an hour and gave me a $600 ticket, rather than impounding the car. The ticket also counted as two strikes on my license, so if I even got the smallest ticket in the four years that followed I would lose my license.

DiSiAC, Puddin and ScarlettFayt like this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

5 minutes ago, DiSiAC said:

127mph after a booty call eh?

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

Got away with it 3 times prior to that; what a little shit I was.

ScarlettFayt likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Recently after replacing the alternator in my van with a high output one, I went for a little drive to test things and see how my voltage was holding up in the back under high volumes.  Being midnight I had to go to this local United Steelworkers building parking lot because I knew nobody would be around for miles.  Naturally a cop drives by and sees this big van in an empty parking lot right as I'm about to leave and he starts following me.  The moment I got up to 60, which was the speed limit, he pulled me over and told me the main reason he did so was because of my speed.  I told him well my speedometer must read 5 below then because I knew he was following me and I was watching it very closely.  He then proceeded to ask what I was doing and why and seeing the big sub in the back it checked out and let me go "without even a warning for the speed".

Yeah, because I wasn't fucking speeding.  I support the police and everything they do but I get anxiety when they pull me over.  Not because I'm guilty of something, but because I'm afraid I'm guilty of something and just don't know it or forgot.  I rarely encounter cops that are assholes, but even the nice ones end up being a harassment when they're constantly up my ass literally because I'm present somewhere that happens to be at a slightly different time than usual.

oVoXWXc.png

Been pulled over a total of 6 times, but only ticketed for 3. Been driving for almost 10 years. First one was when I had just started dating weps and he lived an hour away. I was busting ass to make it back in time for my college class I had that evening and encountered an elderly woman doing 10 under. I sped up to go around her, and here he came over the hill from the opposite direction with his lights on. Caught me doing 10 over. Went to traffic school. That was in 2010.

Pulled over again in 2012. Apparently being 8 months pregnant and badly needing to pee will get you out of a speeding ticket.

Pulled over again in 2012 on new years eve. Forgot about the holiday, got out of work early and was gonna get home to take care of my sick 2 month old. Caught me doing 10 over. Luckily it was a divided highway, so since I was only doing 10 over, it didn't put points against my license, so no traffic school required.

Pulled over again in 2013. It was raining. Same road as first ticket. Was going 10 over. Just given a warning to slow down.

Pulled over again in 2014 on my way home from work, on the same road as first ticket. Was suffering from excruciating sciatic back pain and it was 2 am. I had left work 2 hours early and was paying absolutely no attention to my speed. Caught me doing 20 over. Went to traffic school.

Pulled over again in 2015, well I guess technically my friend, since she was driving, but it was my car. I had a headlight and taillight out and my tags were expired and I was super broke. Luckily the officer just asked me to get it all taken care of as soon as possible, because he would hate for me to have to pay more money than I need to.

TLDR: I have a fucking lead foot. 

My average speed on my way to work on I-65 is 85. Speed limit is 70...

Takka and Puddin like this

On 9/7/2016 at 0:46 AM, DiSiAC said:

127mph after a booty call eh?

Not bad.

Not bad at all.

My motto has always been. Drive Fast, Take Chances. If its for booty...drive faster and take bigger chances. If its for doobage, slow down a tad. :huh:

Edited by Puddin
huh
DiSiAC likes this

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0