Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for gamers and technology enthusiasts, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShikuTeshi

SOONHUA Condenser Microphone

Amazon URL: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Stereoscopic-Condenser-Microphone-Recording/dp/B00K68MT9Q/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1462396882&sr=8-20&keywords=usb+mic

I'm reviewing a $15 microphone from a company that likely nobody knows. The first thing that comes to mind is that it's a "cheap piece of shit." Not that case in this scenario.

One day I decided to pick-up a microphone for my cousin because I was sick and tired of listening to him through his terrible tablet microphone. I was tired of hearing the background noises from his hallway, the clearly audible typing and clicking sounds from using his computer, and the high-pitched electrical whine from poorly made electronics. So I grabbed whatever microphone had a stand and a pop filter on the cheap. To my surprise, I have to say that it's on par, or even better, than my $50 Snowball iCE from Blue Microphones.

All of the issues above were resolved, and it provided crystal clear quality. Along with it using a 3.5mm audio jack, it can receive the audio benefits from your sound drivers such as sound and noise cancellation for an even better result. A feature that goes missing from USB microphones.

The downsides to the microphone is that it needs to have the foam cover on. Popping can get really intense without the filter over the microphone. And being a giant red foam cover, with red accents and a red wire, it might screw some color schemed desktops.

Pros

-Cheap

-Clear Audio

-Benefits from Audio Driver optimizations

-On par with higher end microphones

Cons

-It requires you to have the giant red foam cover on to remove popping issues.

Edited by ShikuTeshi
WaeV, Tucker933 and DiSiAC like this

"You're nothing but a thing to me." -Tucker933 2016   

"Mine's not huge, but neither are my hands, so it's a real good fit." -Badga666 2017                

"It's not incest until it's in." -Caesar 2017

"Poison dart frogs aren't poisonous. Mankind is a poison and the dart frogs are the cure."-Somewhere on the internet  

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

Wow, I'll have to pick one of these up when I get paid. I fucking love like, when legit Chinese products get exported to the US.