What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

Avatars and Signatures (Request/Show)

Here on OpenCarnage, users are entitled to display avatars and signatures - images that reflect their personality, interests, projects or hobbies in picture form.

I figured I'd start a topic here for those of you who want to request a specific type of avatar or signature as mentioned in this topic.

If you have some cool avatars or signatures you've made, post them here and show them off! 

If you decide you want to use an avatar or signature that someone has made (either by request or display), please post here letting us know you liked it enough to use it yourself!

So, to start with, I fiddled around with Pixlr today, a web-app image editor like a very toned-down version of Adobe PhotoShop, or GIMP.  I love the Marathon symbol, especially since it shows up in every subsequent Bungie game in some context, so I decided to make a version of that as a negative relief from a blue star.

GgKuVYH.png

As you can see it's a bit cropped on the right side, so I'll recreate it tonight in Photoshop for myself and post the result here for comparison. Pixlr was pretty cool and easy to use, especially since it only requires a web-browser and packs quite a bit of power all things considered. Even has really good Layer support.

Have at it!

Takka, Skeezix the Cat and WaeV like this

KsqHutE.png

Tiddy-bits:

-snip-

Haha, that's pretty awesome! I remember in the good old days of Clanning, one of my favorite things to do was to make avatars and sigs for people for fun. They were probably pretty awful, but one of the guys I knew was great at it, and would find awesome backgrounds and renders, and then put our names in them all stylized. 

Great times, really builds a sense of community when someone is willing to spend time on something for no better purpose than to look cool and for you to use it.

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

My avatar is just something I did when I was trying to find different ways to make fire in an application called Pixelmator (OS X and iOS image editor). I ended up getting bored and just did a random filter, inverted the color, and cropped it to the center of the image. My avatar was born.

This userbar is an inside joke, and I made it in GIMP, using a part of my avatar as well.

competent.png

The other images in my signature are just a server status tool I made, because I didn't want to deal with GameTracker. I ended up having to write a .htaccess thing because the forum doesn't accept images unless they have a certain extension.

status.png

status.png?format=userbar

I made higher resolution versions, though I can't use it due to no support for image resizing or no HTML editor. It uses doubled the resolution and looks much better on devices with high DPI. Some devices of many types, like the Surface Pro, Macbook Pro, iMac Retina, etc. have this feature, which greatly benefit from additional pixels.

status.png?format=userbar-hidpi

Takka and NeX like this

I couldn't find a dynamic signature for RuneScape that I liked, so I made one myself.

mad_islander.png

PHP/SQL?

KsqHutE.png

PHP/SQL?

Apache and PHP / GD Graphics Library. I don't save stats besides quest points and money which are manually updated. Image is cached for at least 15 minutes before it can update again, as I don't see a point in recreating the image every time someone views it.

Kavawuvi and NeX like this

I just always have those 80's aesthetics going on, no matter what. I would put some YuGiOh cards as my avatar, but they look so much better in the real world.

xgd0s9.jpg

Well, I don't have many plans for this weekend. I finished witcher 3 Hearts of Stone expansion, I'm off work for the next 4 (woo) days, probably discounting Mother's Day, so I figured I'd blow the dust off of photoshop and have some fun.

Anyone have any requests? If not, I'll just do whatever and post them here in a gallery type deal.

Krazychic likes this

KsqHutE.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0