What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Do you prefer male or female vocalists?

17 posts in this topic

By a large margin I've always preferred female, I think because they have a more relaxing tone. That's not to say I'm prefer relaxing songs, but it's just more ...pleasant?

I'm curious about other answers, to see whether it's mostly about attraction.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

Depends on my mood. If I am looking to relax or whatnot I usually choose female vocals. If I am working or in a hurry, I usually choose something with male vocals. 

System Administrator (Well Rounded) | AWS | Azure | Microsoft 365

I used to like male vocalists because MUH METAL, but now that I listen to synthwave mostly, I feel like female vocalists fit the best with the whole 80's sound aesthetic. Really though, I think male and female duets are the best.

xgd0s9.jpg

I listen to music to empathize with it (not in a sappy or angsty way, just in the sense of if it's energetic, it gets me energetic). So has to be male.

Edited by TCK

Umh7x1l.gif

Depending on my mood depends on the style of music I 'need' to listen to so the vocalist plays an integral part it its delivery.

Take for example Baby Metal, a Japanese girl metal band, their single currently out is called 'Karate'. While the music is fucking awesome I feel the opening verse is spoilt due to the sound of the vocalist. Overall it's not too bad a tune and they've done well considering their ages.

While I'm not partial to Dub Step I have to say a female vocalist more that outweighs the male here. I don't know why but it does.

I don't have a gender preference, it all depends on how their voice connects with the lyrics and how the vocalist delivers it.

I don't care. If the person is a good singer and can get me to listen to them, than that's all that matters.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0