Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EmeraldNite

Bipeds Holding Weapons

11 posts in this topic
I'd be interested in knowing if there would be a way to configure certain bipeds such as Elites or Marines to already be holding weapons without creating a new model. I ask because I'm not sure if I could just throw biped tags in the scenario of a UI map and still have it work.

Once I know what I'm doing more I'd like to see if posing certain character models is possible without having to know how to do mesh edits since modeling was never ever my forte.

26024410600_9a649d0cb7_o.jpg

Tiddy-bits:

Can UI map actually have bipeds? If so then giving weapons to them is super easy. If not, well then you would need to make them scenery and scenery objects can't actually hold weapons. I don't know anything about UI maps but I think you could just write a simple script that uses object_attach command to attach the weapon to spartan's hand marker.

08f9474ede.jpg

Gotcha. I'll check it out, never really got into halo's scripting language but it seemed pretty self-explanatory from what I saw.

Can UI map actually have bipeds? If so then giving weapons to them is super easy. If not, well then you would need to make them scenery and scenery objects can't actually hold weapons. I don't know anything about UI maps but I think you could just write a simple script that uses object_attach command to attach the weapon to spartan's hand marker.

Bipeds themselves should be fine, but any kind of A.I. controlling it won't work in the UI.map

Tried this before, to have an A.I. fight in the background as you go through the menus. IIRC, doesn't let you compile, crashes if you try to force it via eschaton etc.

I'll give it a shot when I go around to compile the UI again, once I've worked on it some more. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pretty sure bipeds in the ui.map will cause an exception error. Scenery should be fine though.

Bipeds themselves should be fine, but any kind of A.I. controlling it won't work in the UI.map

Tried this before, to have an A.I. fight in the background as you go through the menus. IIRC, doesn't let you compile, crashes if you try to force it via eschaton etc.

Not necessarily. If you use a singleplayer or multiplayer matg tag, you can use bipeds and vehicles in a ui.map tag. AI will technically work, as in it won't crash, but the bipeds and vehicles will be frozen in place. This is due to how Halo pauses everything that isn't considered visible to the player. Since there aren't any players, everything is paused.

WaeV likes this

If you use a singleplayer or multiplayer matg tag, you can use bipeds and vehicles in a ui.map tag.

I've tried the globals tag from both singleplayer and multiplayer maps. It still causes an exception.

Here is the ui map.

ui.zip

I've tried the globals tag from both singleplayer and multiplayer maps. It still causes an exception.

Here is the ui map.

attachicon.gifui.zip

I don't know what you did, but here is my map (Halo PC):

ui.map.zip

For some reason, the skybox keeps centering on one object after importing the matg tag. Kind of weird...

And here's a video of what I did to create this file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTB62IwIFSI

I don't know what you did, but here is my map (Halo PC):

attachicon.gifui.map.zip

I tried using the globals tag in the map you uploaded. It still exceptions in Halo CE.

For some reason, the skybox keeps centering on one object after importing the matg tag. Kind of weird...

You can run this command:

object_pvs_set_camera "uicam"

It will also make physics and animations work. The biped will fall to it's death.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0