Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aLTis

Oddball Respawn

14 posts in this topic

This script will respawn oddballs if they were dropped down to unreachable places (like in damnation, gephyrophobia etc). You can set the global z coordinate below which oddballs will be respawned in all maps and add specific map coordinates if the global value doesn't work with that map.

Edit: now oddball MetaID is checked on script load too.

Edit 2: fixed crash when oddball object is removed (sv_map_reset)

Edit 3: rewrote most of the script to improve several things, read the last post for more details

Download: oddball.lua

Edited by aLTis

08f9474ede.jpg

Tiddy-bits:

if i set ball "random start: YES" and then , maybe if the ball spawn in some specific locations like lower part of the map, this thing can happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWAf120MalE

maybe it how i see it due to so low ping and bad sync in my local server. i dont know.

haven't seen like this when "random start: NO" though.

Edited by no offence

mm....

a player reported that when he holding the skull and stay in one place (chatting) , "you will be kicked for inactivity" message appeared...

and today, while im the ball in 'reverse tag' mode, same happened. (this script is running in the background)

as far as i remember afk didn't count while holding the ball/tag, before.

update: yes, a player kicked for inactivity while holding the ball....

additional:

i tried to start this script on certain maps only, like;

event_start $map:boardingaction 'lua_load oddball;sv_map_reset'

event_end $map:boardingaction 'lua_unload oddball'

but it wont work.

script wants to restart the game after loading it.

so, it would be grate if this script can be on-off atleat in a event_start, event_end

but i can do it a bit of complicated way, i did this few days ago using custom sapp variables and 002's 'next game' lua script...

(it worked, but i feel its kind a risky. it might create a loop for the smallest mistakes...)

something like this (i deleted/lost what i made, so this is just an example.)

events

event_start $map:boardingaction $odd_started=0 'lua_load oddball;wait 100;var_set odd_started 1;map boardingaction myoddballgame;nextgame'
event_start $map:boardingaction $odd_started=1 'w8 1;var_set odd_started 0'
event_end $odd_started=0 'lua_unload oddball'

(so the game will be restated quickly before players join. they wont even know)

init

var_add odd_start 1

(nextgame command is from this.

http://opencarnage.net/index.php?/topic/5640-next-game/)

so what i meant is, i can use that method to use this script in some certain times only and turn off in other times. but this method is kind a risky.

Edited by no offence

I updated the script, now MetaID of the oddball is also checked on script load which will allow you to load the script with event_start but the script will still not work if you load it after the oddball has spawned. I have no idea how this script could affect afk detection though, all this script does is teleports the oddball.

Takka likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

a note for users of this script;

i found out that entering capital letters for maps wont work for this.

example:

there is a map called HavenH4 , (yes the map file name is also the same). but you have to add the map in simple letters in this lua script. (havenh4)

just wanned to tell that. sorry if its a thing in all lua scripts.

Edited by no offence

Yeah, forgot to mention you had to enter map names in lowercase. If you don't like that for some reason, download this. I haven't tested this at all but it should work.

oddball.lua

Takka likes this

08f9474ede.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0