What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Monthly Raffle: Information & Updates

240 posts in this topic

002 put a great deal of help into a new index sideblock which will display the raffle winner of the month, so you'll see that go up once we have our first victor!

7vH4tbR.png

Floofies likes this

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

Tiddy-bits:

The whole point of a prize is to have people compete for it. The competing generates site activity which is great. Not competing is doing nothing.

That's not entirely true. Although this is a great idea to encourage (and reward) those who are interested, not everyone requires a competition to participate in the community/encourage site activity.

Personally, if I did win the prize I would choose to re-invest it back into the community. By not participating, this increases the probability of another who truly wishes to win the prize, the opportunity to and saves the effort required in terms of administration (handing over the prize etc).

Considering the list of non-competing members is minor, I don't see it as a huge issue.

Takka likes this

The goal of the competition is to be an incentive to generate site activity. It is not a requirement to generate activity, and you can still contribute just like anyone else; you simply won't accumulate tickets if you aren't competing. It's better to say "no" now if you don't want a reward.

Edited by 002
Takka, WaeV and Floofies like this

Soz. Just don't have the time right now to actively participate, regardless of how much I'd like to. Don't wanna waste others' opportunities when I know I won't be contributing.

KsqHutE.png

Soz. Just don't have the time right now to actively participate, regardless of how much I'd like to. Don't wanna waste others' opportunities when I know I won't be contributing.

That's not how this works; if you don't contribute, you wont be in the raffle. The list is only for people who know they might contribute, but don't want to win anything.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

No offense to anyone who opted out but why is everyone being such a bitch about the raffle

It's fun. Just have fun.

Sceny and Kalipsan like this

Umh7x1l.gif

No offense to anyone who opted out but why is everyone being such a bitch about the raffle

It's fun. Just have fun.

I'm feeling the same way. I mean, it's a chance to win money. It's fun and doesn't require anything different. I can't participate, but neither can the admins.. Everyone else, come on :P

I'm thinking the non participant option should have been done via pm to the runner of this Raffle to reduce the hype it's created. In having it public those interested in the prize benefit to see how many they would be up against and whom, a bonus to you.

Each member that has declined the offer to participate has announced it as a courtesy and no justification should be necessary. It also doesn't say that once opted out that you can't opt back in at months end, ready for next raffle. It's new, people may change their mind.

Not everyone wants something for next to nothing.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0