Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Your First Build

15 posts in this topic

My first custom build was this green LED riddled thing with a Phenom II 965 at 3.9GHz and a Radeon HD 6850. The first system I modified was a Dell Inspiron before it, but all I did was upgrade the stock 4350 to a shiny passively cooled 1GB 4550. I was so excited to play Crysis with medium textures and shaders instead of low.

Takka, iTails and Kavawuvi like this

oVoXWXc.png

Tiddy-bits:

My first was a 2nd fireplace/hotbox with An Athlon II x4 620, 4GB of unnamed or undecipherable DDR3 Ram, and a GTX 460. Turning it on sounded like a small helicopter about to take flight. It was the only build I've owned whose sound bled through my Headphones even at max volume.

Edited by Zukyak

76561198089807976.png

My first was a 2nd fireplace/hotbox with An Athlon II x4 620, 4GB of unnamed or undecipherable DDR3 Ram, and a GTX 460. Turning it on sounded like a small helicopter about to take flight. It was the only build I've owned whose sound bled through my Headphones even at max volume.

What sort of case did you have?

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

flash from the past....the first build of many...was

386dx-25, 2 mb ram, 40mb hd, full tower case, oak evga video card etc.  I worked for a large computer store at the time so parts were discounted.

New builds came quite often as technology improved, and at that time it was changing fast. tbh, i can't even remember how many Ive done over the years there were so many.

but its still fun to do it :)

https://www.google.com/search?q=386dx-25+with+full+tower&biw=1591&bih=812&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_r9yq0ZvMAhXILyYKHfOrAHYQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=UC-ssMSN1tPvwM%3A

h2_zpsdpjizr8c.jpg