Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
planetX2

Clock Time - Start Game

20 posts in this topic

Tiddy-bits:

Using a single timer would be most effective, using a counter variable set to the number of seconds delay before the game starts, with the timer call being every second (1000 milliseconds). Just decrement the variable until the value is 0, then restart the game with sv_map_reset. The script you linked has all of the requisite code already implemented and in fact even has the countdown set up already.

Simply use the global_spawn_replacement.lua script and remove the parts you don't need.

It is meticulously documented, to the point that even a beginner should be able to use it or chop out the unneeded portions.

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

Sorry but I'm new to this and really being honest I can not do a script, but thanks anyway for your explanation

Sorry but I'm new to this and really being honest I can not do a script, but thanks anyway for your explanation

Well, it's probably in your best interests to learn the basics.  You don't need to be able to make them from scratch, but when a script exists and is well documented, you should be able to do enough to at least chop out portions you don't need and maybe add a few lines that you do.

I did end up explaining in the Global Item Spawn Replacement thread why I don't think this idea would work very well, you should check it out. I quoted you so it should notify you through the forum.

KsqHutE.png

Well, it's probably in your best interests to learn the basics.  You don't need to be able to make them from scratch, but when a script exists and is well documented, you should be able to do enough to at least chop out portions you don't need and maybe add a few lines that you do.

I did end up explaining in the Global Item Spawn Replacement thread why I don't think this idea would work very well, you should check it out. I quoted you so it should notify you through the forum.

I have tested the script Spawn Global Item Replacement In the default maps of halo ce, and it works, but appears and disappears as marking seconds, not fixed on the screen.

I understand what you're trying to tell me but I tried and I can not do that, because I do not have the necessary knowledge, you can do it ?, if you have the time to do so, please

I would greatly appreciate it if you could

I have tested the script Spawn Global Item Replacement In the default maps of halo ce, and it works, but appears and disappears as marking seconds, not fixed on the screen.

That doesn't make much sense to me. I know english is the problem here, but I honestly don't know what you mean by this.

I understand what you're trying to tell me but I tried and I can not do that, because I do not have the necessary knowledge, you can do it ?, if you have the time to do so, please

I would greatly appreciate it if you could

I don't, which is why I'm trying to tell you how to do it. If you don't have the will to learn the scripting, then maybe someone else will have time to do it. If not, you're out of luck, sorry.

In fact, even if I did have the time, I probably wouldn't bother because the seconds and ticks wouldn't line up, so it wouldn't even be accurate.

KsqHutE.png

That doesn't make much sense to me. I know english is the problem here, but I honestly don't know what you mean by this.

I don't, which is why I'm trying to tell you how to do it. If you don't have the will to learn the scripting, then maybe someone else will have time to do it. If not, you're out of luck, sorry.

In fact, even if I did have the time, I probably wouldn't bother because the seconds and ticks wouldn't line up, so it wouldn't even be accurate.

I understand, and thanks anyway .. and sorry for my English, I speak Spanish

NeX likes this

I understand, no need to apologise. I'm just not going to lie and say I totally understand if I don't

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

Hello, how can I Having a time clock to start the game, indicating how long it Takes .. But with the option to put it on the left, center and right.

The time clock is like this script in this post.

please help, and sorry for my bad English, I speak Spanish  :)

So from what i understand, you want a script that counts down with a visible timer when a new game starts?

So from what i understand, you want a script that counts down with a visible timer when a new game starts?

yes exactly, but apparently this has problems with hac 2 release and depends a file hac.dll

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0