What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrWonka

Anyone have/use a Steam controller?

So i have been wanting one of these for awhile now,and my daughter and her boyfriend/fiance(status seems to be that,although neither will admit it lol) obliged me by getting me one for my birthday recently. So my first impressions have been good,although i am just learning what to do to make profiles and such,i'm looking to do a Halo profile(game needs to be added to my Steam list first). It was hard just to find a place to get profiles to download,the support in Steam for user profiles is not strong so far.Some games have built in support on Steam,Borderlands 2 seems to work pretty well,Shadow of Mordor is a little less so,i have developed a profile for Rogue Trooper,but it needs a little work so i haven't uploaded it yet. The amount of things that the haptic pads can be set to do is amazing,i think this is a viable solution for a console/living room TV setup for PC.I love Big Picture mode so far as well. The one thing i have really noticed so far is that muscle memory is a pain to relearn lol. The ABXY buttons being the main sticking point,they are below the right haptic pad and smaller than an xbox 360 gamepad,it has taken a while to get to where i can hit the right one most of the time. Anyone else mess around with one yet?

Tiddy-bits:

I love my steam controller. Use it mostly for playing Civ games with leisure, and making PC Minecraft couch accessible.

I bought one shortly after they released. Experience with it so far has left my Xbox 360 controller gathering dust, but it seems a lot of others don't like it at all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0