Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo 1 modding and tech, with unique means of rewarding individual content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigblue

3 weapons

18 posts in this topic

Apologies for the noobiness. I've noticed a lot of CE and PC servers lately where players have a choice of 3 weapons - how is this done, via a script.. or something else ? Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place   :unsure:

Thx

Members of Open Carnage never see off-site ads.

You can simply use Eschaton to open up the scenario (scnr) tag and scroll down to where you see two weapon tags (weap), assault rifle followed by pistol, followed by a few nulled out values.

That is where the player starting equipment dependencies are - the global ones at least.  

If you use Bloodgulch, you'll also see a single plasma pistol value down there as well, which is the "custom" option from the server.

If you change one of the "nulled out" options below the AR/Pistol slots, you'll start out with 3 weapons -

AR  +  Pistol  +  <whatever you chose>

Similarly with the plasma pistol slot, the biped can hold 3 weapons without any issues (I think flag has to occupy slot 4)

So you have

Plasma Pistol + <nothing secondary> + <nothing tertiary>

so just change the nulled out values to what you want and put it on the server.

Key point - changes have to be to the server-side map.

Edited by NeX
WaeV and Tucker933 like this

KsqHutE.png

players have a choice of 3 weapons

follow this to add a 3rd weapon you want  to all players.

you can set a 3rd weapon using most basic sapp events.

SAPP should be installed on the server.

if u wanna set the 3rd weapon to the current weapon set, just add this to event.txt in sapp.

event_spawn 'spawn weap "weapons\sniper rifle\sniper rifle" $n;wadd $n'

(3rd weapon is sniper. for example if you apply this to a ctf game that has default weapon set, player will have assault rifle, pistol and now sniper too.

but if u dont want sniper, go here and reffer the weapon paths bottom the page and replace the weapons\sniper rifle\sniper rifle with a path of any weapon you want)

and if you want completely different 3 weapons,

remove above command and add below command and replace the paths with weapons you want.

event_spawn 'wdel $n;spawn weap "weapons\sniper rifle\sniper rifle" $n;wadd $n;spawn weap "weapons\rocket launcher\rocket launcher" $n;wadd $n;w8 1;spawn weap "weapons\needler\mp_needler" $n;wadd $n'

http://halo.isimaginary.com/forum/ is the sapp forum. which is made to ask sapp related questions

edit: replaced wait 100 with w8 1

WaeV likes this

more reality: https://goo.gl/blpPTt

Thx guys for your responses.. appreciate your time to explain things :)

Using the latest Sapp on Halo PC and I was looking at having a choice of unltd rockets, shotgun and pistol. If there's a way of doing this via a combination of Eschaton and Sapp events or whatever, then please advise what I need to do. Whatever is the best way really.

Thx again 

Thx.. I think that 'no offence' may have the answer for me with his last example. I'll give that a try and post back anyway.

many thx :)

having a choice of unltd rockets, shotgun and pistol.

removed -_-

I'll give that a try and post back anyway.

be sure your 'weapon set' in the gametype has 'normal weapons' .

otherwise some of your weapons may ended up with different weapons.

for example: is your weapon set it 'plasma weapons' , all your weapons 3 weapons will be replaced with plasma weapons. :blink:

to make it unlimited; ill add 999 ammo.

event_spawn 'wdel $n;spawn weap "weapons\shotgun\shotgun" $n;wadd $n;spawn weap "weapons\pistol\pistol" $n;wadd $n;w8 1;spawn weap "weapons\rocket launcher\rocket launcher" $n;wadd $n;w8 1;ammo $n 999 5'

note: just replace this.

because the 'wait 100' part in the other command may cause trouble for reloading sometimes. this one has 'w8 1'.

Edited by no offence

I know you think choosing the weapon set is super unique and cool, but it's really only in one place because no one has bothered to waste the requisite time on such a trivial thing.

Not to mention it completely defeats the entire notion of uniform loadout balance, ya know, the entire premise of CE sandbox multiplayer balance.

Edited by NeX

KsqHutE.png

oh come on :P

its just that im exited when i create something alone ^^,

pointing out about them once in a while somewhere is a natural behavior ^^

not trying to be **put_your_words_here** or something lol. ^_^

-----------------------

and, no it had no balance issues in my concern because it was a choice between given types of weapons, not all weapons.

such as, if its heavy weapon based game, choices for the primary weapon were; rocket or plasma canon or flame thrower while the secondary weapon pistol is same to everyone.

and for short range games, choices: shotgun, assault rifle , plasma rifle,

etc...

--

anyway i removed the parts in the post about it now!

why would i say such thing anyways! even for fun. -_-

what ever

Edited by no offence

Ok, I've added this to my events file:

event_spawn 'wdel $n;spawn weap "weapons\shotgun\shotgun" $n;wadd $n;spawn weap "weapons\pistol\pistol" $n;wadd $n;w8 1;spawn weap "weapons\rocket launcher\rocket launcher" $n;wadd $n;w8 1;ammo $n 999 5'

I've made a new gametype using 'normal weapons' as directed and it works ok - many thanks for that no offence :)

A couple of questions though..

1. Selecting 'Normal Weapons' in the gametype places all other weapons onto the map to be picked up and swapped (flamethrower, sniper etc etc) - how can I stop this happening as I only want those 3 weapons available at all times ?

2. Is it possible to make the above event work only for specific maps eg. ratrace with 3 weapons, but on chillout something else (I have mapvote running) ?

Thx