Welcome to Open Carnage

A resource for Halo Custom Edition and MCC modding, with unique means of rewarding content creation and support. Have a wander to see why we're worth the time! - EST. 2012

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NeX

NeX's experiments

Tiddy-bits:

That lighting looks a lot better than some newer games. Holy crap.

Too bad the developer of OS doesn't care about HAC2 compatibility, or I'd have it installed in a heartbeat.

Dunno if I'd go THAT far, it's worlds better than stock Halo, but that's not really saying much since it was 1999.

The OS/Hac2 compatibility is a serious travesty. I honestly don't understand why you would willfully choose to not include features that Hac2 provides, especially considering they can't be used together. 

Pick one, the end user experience should be the driving factor. If you can't play nice and get a symbiotic relationship going, at least provide those features yourself. Jeez.

KsqHutE.png

The OS/Hac2 compatibility is a serious travesty. I honestly don't understand why you would willfully choose to not include features that Hac2 provides, especially considering they can't be used together. 

Well, if you're on Halo PC, HAC2 might not be as big of a deal, because it's mostly just Blood Gulch with healthpack teleporters.

Halo CE, on the other hand, sucks without HAC2. Map downloading is a valid reason by itself to get HAC2, and anyone who actually says that Halo CE is still great without map downloading is full of shit. When I first got Halo Custom Edition a zillion years ago, I actually didn't think there was anything special about it. Basically, every time you download a map, you had to wait 30-40 minutes to download it because of Phil's bandwidth limit and your slow 56k / broadband connection (I said "slow" because even back then you hated it), during which you couldn't do much of anything else. Once you installed it, there was a chance you would be disappointed as either nobody was actually playing it, or that the only server that was hosting it is password protected. Most of the time, it felt like a waste of many hours trying to download Halo CE.

Skeezix the Cat, NeX and aLTis like this

I totally agree. OS supposedly has that function, but I have never seen it successfully work.

Does anyone know what the actual incompatibility stems from? Conflicting hooks? Both trying to govern resolution stuff?

KsqHutE.png