What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

Ammon Bundy and 7 Oregon Protesters Held; LaVoy Finicum Is Reported Dead

32 posts in this topic

It seems like the English Wikipedia article is lacking some precision (having come full circle, have we?) so I took the liberty to translate the German equivalent. Respectively the example (Beispiel) for gradable antonyms (Graduelle Antonymie):

German original

"Die Wörter heiß und kalt sind graduell antonym, weil es dazwischen auch noch Abstufungen wie z. B. kühl, warm gibt. Adjektive, die in der Beziehung der graduellen Antonymie zueinander stehen, sind steigerbar."

Translation by me

"The words hot and cold are gradually antonymous because there exist gradations in between them, e.g. cold and warm. Adjectives, which are in a gradable antonymy relation to each other, are gradable."

How fortunate that Wikipedia is using the same example as me at the beginning of this discussion. Or else I had to apply another level into this conversation.

Because that chain of topics is getting pretty long (1. Thread title topic -> 2. Planned Parenthood shooting terrorist? -> 3. Vocabularies lacking or possessing in English language -> 4. Example 'luck' -> 5. Example 'cool - unwarm' -> 6. Gradable antonyms)

Tiddy-bits:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0