What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Kavawuvi

Misc CE Development

286 posts in this topic

Yeah, I am not up for the task to convert thousands of mods that are just fine at 30. Not to mention I don't like editing existing maps, I just want to make new stuff.

And as Tucker said this still doesn't work in multiplayer.

This stuff isn't just a button press it is work, lots of work. And much rather than this approach I would like to see something that just makes the game interpolate which is very unlikely to happen.

I will only be using this for my single player projects, unless something big happens I won't be doing anything like this with my mp projects.

Takka and Pfhunkie like this

Tiddy-bits:

Ah, I was hoping for a method that other people could follow suit with. I knew it wasn't a simple flick of the switch fix. Either way, it's still awesome and I can't wait to see what you have in store with your project!

WaeV likes this

4VWJfoZ.gif

"You fix my mistakes is what you do." - Tucker
"You're useless." - Tucker 2 minutes later

"You're sort of cool in some ways." - Kavawuvi

"Fuck off." - Mint Blitz

On 4/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, Tucker933 said:

That seems doubtful to me, especially as this still (to my knowledge) doesn't work in multiplayer environments. Halomaps' database has also taken more than a decade to reach where it is now, and it will take a far longer to double that, particularly because there's not anywhere near as many content creators around do put in such an overhaul.

I was making a very bad joke of it. Yeah the community for HCE is more or less on life support and I don't have much faith in the fan projects because focus is more on forge than any kind of EK.

12 minutes ago, msalerno said:

Interesting - is this all client-side modifications? Or does the server need it too?

It doesn't presently work for multiplayer.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

What would it take to MAKE it multiplayer? The server really doesn't care what goes on on the client side, except for position, camera_view, etc. It certainly isn't doing any animation rendering...

msalerno1965 in steam

[email protected] - email

Just now, msalerno said:

What would it take to MAKE it multiplayer? The server really doesn't care what goes on on the client side, except for position, camera_view, etc. It certainly isn't doing any animation rendering...

The changes required are fairly comprehensive; it's not simply a change to the animations themselves. Though @SBBMichelle or @002 would of course have a better answer for you.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

2 hours ago, msalerno said:

The netcode breaks down with anything higher than 35 ticks per second.

On 4/24/2017 at 8:52 PM, 002 said:

The netcode breaks down with anything higher than 35 ticks per second.

That makes sense. When I first started modding haloceded, I found a constant that changed the timing of the entire server. :)

Something to put on the pile of things I want to investigate.

msalerno1965 in steam

[email protected] - email