What happened to OC? - CLOSED Carnage?!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Takka

CE Community Screens & Videos

202 posts in this topic

These are each screenshots of a stock bloodgulch.map in an otherwise vanilla server hosting a modified map.

I'm surprised servers don't have super badass log forts like this, instead opting for some really silly healthpack teleporters, instead.

IcOCHaC.png

Rl9Y1K5.png

Vuthakral, Takka and Sunstriker7 like this

Tiddy-bits:

I've officially published only one map ever and it was a badass bloodgulch log mod back in like '08. It's lost now with modhalo.net though.

I agree that log mods are awesome and can have so much potential but everyone naturally loves their meme servers.

Edited by Sunstriker7

I no-joke used to run a super active server with such meme mods. As a cringy teen, it made me think I was a big dill in modding, 'till I actually joined a modding forum lol

It was called !!Tuckerz Modz!! and ran off a little Compaq Pentium III computer I sort of stole from school. Its case was made of cardboard.

Oddly, this is familiar to you... as if from an old dream.  

16 hours ago, Kavawuvi said:

I'm surprised servers don't have super badass log forts like this, instead opting for some really silly healthpack teleporters, instead.

Well scenery mods don't sync over the internet. One of the first mods I ever made was a huge floating racetrack on Bloodgulch made entirely out of those logs. Halo could only render like half of it at any given time but it was still cool.

2 hours ago, DSalimander said:

Well scenery mods don't sync over the internet.

Are you sure?

This one did sync over the Internet. In fact, those screenshots are screenshots of a client joining the server, and the client is using a totally stock map. No custom netcode, scripts, etc. were used. In fact, if you were to join it with no mods whatsoever, you would still see those logs.

One of the first mods I ever made was a huge floating racetrack on Bloodgulch made entirely out of those logs. Halo could only render like half of it at any given time but it was still cool.

The good ol' 256 visible object limit. HAC2 and Chimera now raise that to 1024. Too bad your frame rate tanks if you have a lot of objects, because Halo isn't very efficient at rendering objects.

Sound warning.

For a brighter but less custom experience:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by PiRate
TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND
Sunstriker7 likes this

Okay, so... I did a thingy, I hope you guys like it. It's basically a cinematic montage with some of the nicest landscapes I could find on various custom maps.

Not the first one I make, though. If you wanna see the first one I made like 2 years ago, link is on the description of the video.

I had done a silly thing many years back on Custom Edition when I was familiarizing myself with scripting. I decided to try my hand at it again.

Also vaguely related:

Vaporeon, aLTis and Takka like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0